Due Date: February 28, 2019
Applications are open for the Onassis Structure Fellowship Program for International Scholars 2019-2020 The Fellowship Program is focused on academics of all ranks– members of nationwide Academies, Ph.D. holders and post-doctoral scientists– to carry out research study in Greece in topics connecting to Greek culture and society.
The scholarships are likewise focused on residents of Cyprus who are not Greek citizens, while the Greek diaspora, 2nd generation Greeks, and Greeks who completely live abroad and have actually been studying or have actually been used in foreign Universities for over 10 or 15 years, might likewise be accepted.
The Program targets at promoting Greek language and culture abroad, therefore developing and motivating ties of relationship and cooperation in between members of the scholastic neighborhood. The choice is based upon the suggestions made by unique committees including teachers, researchers and previous scholars, and is verified by the Structure’s Board of Directors.
- Protection of the travel costs for a big salami air-ticket from and to the nation and location where the fellowship recipient completely lives, for the start of the scholarship and upon guaranteed departure from Greece, that quantity:.
- as much as 3 Hundred Euros (EUR300-) for a European nation or
- as much as One Thousand Euros (EUR1,000-) for a transatlantic travel to and from nations of Asia and Africa
- Fellowship receivers will be exclusively accountable for the purchase of their tickets
- A regular monthly allowance of One Thousand 3 Hundred Euros (EUR 1,300-) for subsistence, lodging and all other costs.
- Qualified to get involved are the following prospects:.
- Individuals of non-Greek descent
- Cypriot residents are likewise qualified to use supplied they completely live and work outdoors Greece
- Individuals of Greek descent (2nd generation and on) are likewise qualified to use supplied they completely live and work abroad or presently research study in foreign Universities
- Scholars of Greek descent or citizenship supplied they have an expert scholastic profession of a minimum of 10 (10) years in a university or research study institute abroad
- All candidates need to have currently finished their Ph.D.
- Previous Fellowship Receivers of the Structure can re-apply for a fellowship just if 5 (5) years have actually expired considering that their previous fellowship
- Previous Fellowship Receivers of the Structure who have actually two times gotten a fellowship can not use once again
- No extension of the period of the fellowship beyond the duration discussed for each classification will be allowed
- It is not possible to hold off or delay the fellowship to a later scholastic year
- Prospect’s scholastic background
- Current publications in peer evaluated & clinical journals, conference discussions & research study experience of the prospect
- Creativity of the research study task, specific clinical interest and social benefit for Greece
- The text that evaluates the factors for selecting the particular cooperation with the university department, the clinical lab or cooperation scientist in Greece
- The recommendation letters and their signatories
- Throughout the evaluation procedure, top priority is offered to prospects who have actually set up to provide courses/seminars in their field of competence and specifically on the topic of their research study
The following files are needed for total application:
- One (1) passport size photo
- A copy of passport or ID
- An in-depth RÃ©sumÃ©/ List of publications
- Α copy of the Ph.D. degree
- Α certificate from the prospect’s University testifying the specific scholastic position of the candidate (for University Professors of all scholastic ranks)
- A letter from the prospect consisting of the following info and specified in the following order:.
- The title, function and particular item of the research study that the prospect plans to carry out in Greece. In addition, the prospect should discuss why it is considered needed for him/her to perform research study in Greece
- Any research study in Greece in which prospects are presently included
- Any previous cooperation with universities, organizations or research study centres in Greece
- Description of the proposed lessons/seminars as part of the mentor activities.
- Names and contact information of the members of the greek scholastic neighborhood and universities, organizations or research study centres the prospect plans to team up with
- The suggested duration for the fellowship
- Understanding of the greek language, whenever not needed by meaning for academic functions, is not a requirement. Nevertheless, primary understanding of the Greek language will be positively taken into account;-LRB- **************).
- An approval letter from a complete teacher or tenured teacher of a Greek Public University specifying the teacher’s contract to team up with the prospect on the particular task. The teacher licenses that he/she wants to be accountable for the development of the research/teaching activities of the prospect throughout the fellowship in Greece. The teacher is bound to send out, at the end of the fellowship, a last development report with which he/she explains the advantages of the clinical cooperation with the fellowship recipient;-LRB- **************).
- A certificate of the scholastic organization, university or proving ground, to which the prospect belongs, that supports the research study proposition of the candidate in Greece. The certificate must likewise mention that the prospect is permitted to come to Greece for the realisation of the research study task;-LRB- **************).
- 2 (2) suggestion letters: one from Greece (if possible) and one from abroad. In case candidates have no contact with anyones in Greece, they might send out 2 (2) suggestion letters from abroad. The recommendation letters need to be strictly resolved to the Onassis Structure: Fellowships Program for International Scholars. Please note that copies of recommendation letters will not be accepted. The letters can be consisted of in the prospect’s file or be sent out straight by post to the Structure.
Click the links listed below to obtain ideal classification:
To learn more, check out Onassis Structure Fellowship