Deadline: February 15, 2021
Applications for the One Planet Fellowship 2021 are now open. The One Planet Fellowship seeks to build a vibrant, highly connected, and inter-generational network of African and European scientists equipped to use a gender lens to help Africa’s smallholder farmers adapt to a changing climate.
Inspired by the AWARD Fellowship Model, the five-year, USD 19.2 million initiative seeks to invest in over 600 agricultural scientists. Selected candidates will participate in an intensive, three-year non-residential, career acceleration process to foster leadership skills, strengthening scientific research skills, including integrating gender into their research and catalyzing research partnerships and networks. Candidates who complete the three-year process will qualify to become One Planet Laureates.
- The One Planet Laureate Candidates do not receive any cash payments except token amounts to cover direct expenses for participation in events. They also do not pay sitting allowances. When attending a workshop or training sessions, your expenses are fully covered.
- Be a citizen of the following countries: Algeria, Benin, Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire, Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Mali, Morocco, Nigeria, Senegal, Tanzania, Togo, and Zambia;
- Be 40 years of age or younger by February 15, 2021;
- Have completed at least a master’s degree or equivalent in any discipline relevant to climate change with focus on agriculture and food systems;
- Reside in Africa and be actively engaged in research, policy and/or practice relevant to climate change and Africa’s smallholder agriculture.
The call for applications closes on February 15, 2021, 23:59 East Africa Time (GMT+3). Applications will NOT be accepted after this date.