Due Date: December 21, 2018
Applications are open for the OneBeat International Residency Program for Emerging Musical Leaders2019 OneBeat is a music exchange and incubator for music-based social entrepreneurship, where ingenious artists from around the globe launch collective jobs created to make a favorable influence on regional and international neighborhoods.
OneBeat combines emerging musical leaders from around the globe to collaboratively produce initial work and to establish an international network of civically engaged music efforts.
Now in its 8th year, OneBeat brings artists (ages 19-35) from around the globe to the U.S. for one month each fall to collaboratively compose, produce, and carry out initial music, and establish techniques for arts-based social engagement.
- Cooperation is main. OneBeat uses artists the chance to team up on brand-new jobs and to check out brand-new musical customs. Instead of showcasing solo skill, OneBeat artists will collaborate throughout stylistic and cultural divides in pursuit of brand-new musical possibilities.
- OneBeat is socially engaged. We are trying to find artists who have a strong dedication to their neighborhoods and who are looking for brand-new methods to take part in youth advancement, music education, music treatment, dispute resolution, an international discussion through music, and other methods of working towards more egalitarian and democratic societies.
- OneBeat is a FREE program (however not a paid gig). The OneBeat program covers all Fellows’ travel, transport, food, and accommodations. We likewise use a modest stipend. While we are unable to pay efficiency charges, OneBeat uses Fellows a possibility to produce brand-new product, develop long-lasting musical collaborations and relationships, discover brand-new valuable abilities, explore the United States, and establish expert connections.
OneBeat starts with an opening residency, when Fellows team up to produce initial product, tape-record brand-new musical concepts, and nurture their jobs. OneBeat fellows then go on trip, carrying out for a broad range of American audiences, teaming up with regional artists, and leading workshops with youth. Throughout the month, each OneBeat artist likewise sets out their prepare for the future, establishing jobs in their house nations connected to a mutually-reinforcing network of music-driven social business.
OneBeat is a musical journey like no other. It is a possibility for daring artists from an extraordinary variety of customs to look for commonalities, produce brand-new musical mixes, press the limits of music innovation, and discover methods to include all members of society in the procedure of musical imagination. OneBeat ventures to be the nexus of a brand-new method of considering how music can assist us jointly construct healthy neighborhoods, flourishing societies, and a more serene world.
An effort of the U.S. State Department’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs in partnership with the revolutionary New York-based music company Bang on a Can’s Found Noise Country, OneBeat utilizes collective initial music as a powerful brand-new kind of cultural diplomacy.
- Candidates should be in between 19 and 35 years of age throughout the program dates (Fall 2019, precise dates TBD).
- Musicians from all backgrounds are motivated to use, with or without official musical training.
- They welcome music of all categories, consisting of however not restricted to: traditional/folk, hip hop, speculative, electronic, jazz, classical, sound style, beat-making, multimedia art, or any mix of these designs.
- In extra to full-time expert artists, they likewise welcome daring artists who function as neighborhood organizers, instrument home builders, authors, videographers, musicologists, teachers, writers, dancers, shadow-puppeteers, and more.
- Musical Quality– A high level of efficiency, structure, improvisational, production and/or technological ability. Preferably OneBeat artists will be innovating stylistically, lyrically, or technically within their musical worlds.
- Cooperation– Candidates’ desire to reach throughout cultural and musical divides in producing initial music or re-interpreting conventional music, while appreciating the essence of each custom. Candidates must be prepared to attempt brand-new things musically.
- Social Engagement– Artists who have actually utilized music to serve their neighborhoods or higher societies. This may include assisting youths in music education, attending to social or political problems through musical material, restoring passing away musical customs, and more.
- Age– Candidates should be in between 19-35 years of ages.
- English Efficiency– Candidates must have the ability to speak in and comprehend fundamental English, as it will be the typical language of the OneBeat program.
- Nation or Area of Origin– OneBeat Fellows should presently live full-time in among the 40 qualified nations and areas. We likewise look for candidates who have actually not taken a trip thoroughly to the U.S. or have actually seldom carried out in the U.S.
- Web Efficiency– Whenever possible, OneBeat Fellows must actively utilize e-mail and have the ability to link to the web to take part in OneBeat website-based activities.
Albania, Algeria, Belarus, Bolivia, Brazil, Cambodia, China, Colombia, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Egypt, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Jordan, Kenya, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malaysia, Mali, Moldova, Mongolia, Morocco, Mozambique, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palestinian Territories, Philippines, Russia, Senegal, South Africa, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, United States, Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Zimbabwe
For additional information, go to OneBeat