Due Date: July 11, 2019
Applications are welcomed for the Online News Association MJ Bear Fellowship 2019 The 1 year fellowship is created to offer assistance and assistance to early-career reporters on a digital journalism task in addition to their own expert advancement.
Projects may consist of a distinct method of taking a look at news protection, innovative information visualizations, intrapreneurial or entrepreneurial efforts, brand-new efforts in video, or other digitally-focused techniques to news protection.
The fellowship offers:
- Speaking chance at ONA’s yearly conference: Fellows make acknowledgment at digital journalism’s biggest occasion and take part in a panel conversation to share their work. The fellowship covers registration, travel and lodgings for ONA19, Sept. 12–14, in New Orleans.
- 3 customized training sessions: Based upon the tasks that fellows are dealing with and the abilities they are aiming to construct, ONA deals with market leaders to create custom-made training sessions for the group. Previous sessions have actually covered subjects such as pitching tasks, stories and oneself; profession improvement in an altering world; audience engagement; marketing and entrepreneurship.
- ONA subscription: with 3 year’s fees paid completely.
- Extra chances to display work and competence: Throughout their fellowship year, fellows share insights from their tasks and profession journeys on ONA’s site. These insights end up being evergreen resources for the digital journalism neighborhood.
- Open to working reporters under 30 who are leading a digital journalism task;-LRB- ****************).
- Applicants in 2019 need to be born in between Sept. 15, 1989 and Sept. 14, 1996;-LRB- ****************).
- Applicants can be working either for a business or company or be self-employed;-LRB- ****************).
- ONA motivates freelancers and reporters from varied backgrounds to use. Full-time trainees are not qualified for this fellowship.
To use, you’ll require to have the following prepared:
- Your resumé/ CV
- An image of yourself
- A link to the task that you ‘d like us to think about that is continuous or begun after January 1, 2018
- A suggestion letter from a company, trainer or innovation partner who is not an individual good friend or relative
For more details, check out MJ Bear Fellowship