Applications are open for the OPEC Fund for International Advancement (OFID) Scholarships 2019/2020 The OFID Scholarship Award supports exceptional young people from establishing nations so that they have the ability to pursue graduate research studies in a development-related field.
The OFID Scholarship Award supports exceptional young people from establishing nations so that they have the ability to pursue graduate research studies in a development-related field. The program, which is presently in its thirteenth year of operation, needs to date assisted over 50 youths finish their education.
The OPEC Fund for International Advancement (OFID) is the advancement financing organization developed by the Member States of OPEC in 1976 as a channel of help to the establishing nations. OFID operates in cooperation with establishing nation partners and the global donor neighborhood to promote financial development and ease hardship in all disadvantaged areas of the world.
- The tuition charges, consisting of any supplemental evaluation charges, as might be needed by the scholastic organization, will be paid by OFID straight to the scholastic organization. Medical insurance will be paid in accordance with the organization’s own basic medical plan
- A regular monthly allowance to cover living costs, books, and lodging, will be moved to the trainee’s own individual checking account
- Previous to the start of his/her first-year research studies, the trainee will be paid a moving grant. OFID will likewise spend for travel expenses from the nearby airport to the trainee’s home, to the nearby airport to the picked location of research study. Upon conclusion of the research studies, the trainee will be paid the expense of the one-way air ticket to his/her house nation
- Candidate should be in between the ages of 23-32 at the time of sending his/her application;-LRB- ***********).
- Should have acquired or be on the brink of finishing their bachelor’s degree with a Baccalaureate from a certified college/university, or its comparable;-LRB- ***********).
- Should have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater on a 4.0 ranking system or its comparable;-LRB- ***********).
- Should be matriculated at a certified university for the upcoming scholastic year beginning August/September 2018, and should preserve full-time status throughout of the Master’s Degree;-LRB- ***********).
- Should be a nationwide of an establishing nation– please describe the list of qualified nations. Please note that nationals of OFID Member Countries (Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Venezuela) are disqualified to use;-LRB- ***********).
- Should pick a topic of research study that relates to OFID’s core objective, such as economics of advancement (hardship decrease, energy, and sustainable advancement), environment (desertification), or other associated science and innovation fields.
Check Out the application standards A total application consists of the following files:
- A finished online application.
- A scanned copy of the candidate’s passport.
- A scanned copy of the transcripts/certificates from the greatest level of education finished.
- A scanned letter of approval from a picked university, validating your admission, topic of research study and period of the Master’s degree program.
- Evidence of fulfilling any requirements, consisting of language efficiency.
- A brief essay– of about 500 words in English– offering factors for making an application for the OFID scholarship, describing your academic objectives, and plainly explaining how you will utilize the experience acquired from your Master’s degree research studies to assist in the advancement of your house nation.
- 2 recommendation letters from teachers and/or speakers at the candidate’s present university (or present company).
- RÃ©sumÃ© (CV).
For more details, check out the Authorities Scholarship Site