The Independent Reporting System (IRM) of the Open Federal Government Collaboration (OGP) is looking for people to perform research study at the regional and nationwide level in a range of nations and areas to evaluate federal government development on execution of OGP Action Plans.
The OGP is a multilateral effort that intends to protect concrete dedications from federal governments to promote openness, empower residents, promote public responsibility, and harness brand-new innovations to reinforce governance. To enter into OGP, taking part federal governments need to provide an action strategy established with public assessment, and devote to independent reporting on their development moving forward through the OGP Independent Reporting System.
The IRM works mainly by performing independent evaluation and reporting for each OGP taking part member. IRM reports evaluate the advancement and execution of action strategies, and establishes technical suggestions. By tracking and advertising development, it promotes strong responsibility in between member federal governments and residents.
Prospects from the list below nationwide and regional entities are welcomed to use:
- Cape Verde
- Kyrgyz Republic
- Austin, United States
- Madrid, Spain
- Nariño, Colombia
- São Paulo, Brazil
- Scotland, UK
- Sekondi-Takoradi, Ghana
- Seoul, South Korea
- South Cotabato, Philippines
- Tbilisi, Georgia
To be qualified, the prospect needs to not have actually added to establishing the OGP action strategy to be examined, and need to not have actually been utilized by the federal government anytime in the 12 months preceding application. Prospects presently working for multilateral companies (i.e. Bretton Woods organizations, OECD, local advancement banks, and so on) are not qualified to use. Prospects need to want to carry out research study and interact findings in a non-partisan, unbiased style.
The following credentials are needed for factor to consider:
- Capability to carry out research study, help with stakeholder interviews, and institutional analysis throughout non-profit, public, and economic sectors. Experience of performing tracking and examination highly chosen.
- Exceptional level of attention to information and analytical thinking abilities.
- Experience dealing with public law concerns associated with governance, openness, responsibility, and/or public involvement is chosen.
- Shown capability to obtain, include, and react to main and public remarks.
- Capability to perform research study and draft reports within a stringent amount of time, and showed capability to satisfy due dates.
- Determination to interact findings in a non-partisan, unbiased style.
- Capability to devote to the function for a period of 2 years. The variety of days for this consultancy can differ from 40 to 80+ over that time frame, depending upon the length of the action strategy to be examined.
- Exceptional English language composing and speaking abilities needed, consisting of shown capability to compose concisely about complicated governance concerns in English for a worldwide audience.
- Spanish-only speakers will be thought about for Latin America and Spain.
- Clear, routine interaction with IRM Program personnel.
- Participation of in-person or virtual training.
- Conduct independent research study utilizing focus groups, interviews, and file evaluation.
- Conclusion of online and offline research study and composing to evaluate the advancement and execution of action strategies along with any outcomes of the dedications. Thematic research study locations differ from entity to entity and can consist of a wide variety of subjects such as anti-corruption, openness in extractive markets, participatory budgeting, oversight of civil service shipment, and so on
- Dissemination of findings of the report to regional or nationwide audience (e.g., press conference, launch occasion).
- OGP will use payment (to consist of charge for services, overheads, and sustained expenses) and cover expenses of involvement to training beyond nation or entity, where relevant.
- Interested celebrations must send an English (favored) or Spanish CV to the IRM at IRM@opengovpartnership.org, together with 3 recommendations. Please utilize the following e-mail title: “OGP IRM Scientist [Your Entity]”.
- Scientists for the IRM will be authorized by the International Professionals Panel and IRM program personnel, with a chance for remark and input by the particular federal governments and civil society centerpieces, where relevant. Each candidate will be weighed versus the set of requirements noted above, based upon interviews, evaluation of previous work, and recommendations.
- There is a strong choice for citizens of the entity or nationals of the nation to be examined and for those with experience pertinent to open federal government.
- Due to the fact that of the volume of applications, we will not have the ability to react to every candidate. We thank candidates ahead of time for their expressions of interest.