Due Date: July 14, 2019
Applications are open for the Open Hands Effort Salaam Fellowship for Dispute Resolution 2019 The Salaam Fellowship for Dispute Resolution intends to unite high possible youths from the U.S. and Morocco for the function of increasing shared regard and understanding in between the 2 nations.
The objective of the Fellowship is to gear up individuals with vital proficiencies in dispute resolution and settlement at both the social and intergroup level, making sure to analyze the cultural ramifications included. Through open discussion, interactive workshops, and real life application of the product, individuals will establish a strong structure in dispute management through a cross-cultural and worldwide lens.
The Open Hands Effort covers the expenses for:
- All training, speaker charges, and products, along with cultural activities
- Travel expenses: For Americans, round-trip economy class flight from New york city JFK, Washington, DC, Boston, or Miami to Casablanca, Morocco and back. For Moroccans, local transport to the program start place and transport back house at the end of the program
- Regional ground transport throughout Morocco
- Day-to-day breakfast, lunch and most suppers. 2 nights have no scheduled activities and suppers those nights will be at the individuals’ specific cost
- Double tenancy accommodations at 4-star hotel. Please keep in mind that each space will house one Moroccan and one American of the exact same sex
Fellows will be accountable for all other expenses, such as transport to and from their house airport, worldwide calling strategies, home entertainment beyond the program, laundry services, passport charges, (if needed), and keepsakes.
- Open to people of Morocco or the United States (double nationals will be thought about)
- Be in between 18-30 years of ages. University student motivated to use
- Efficiency in English
- Schedule from October 24- November 3, 2019
- Revealed interest in cross-cultural exchange and knowing in fellowship with others
- Demonstrated management experience in your neighborhood, school, or office
- Expert or volunteer work that shows an interest in and/or experience in peacebuilding, dispute resolution, mediation, settlement or associated field
To find out more, check out Salaam Fellowship