Due Date: March 24, 2019
Applications are open for the Aryeh Neier Justice Effort Fellowship Program 2019 The Fellowship is a full-time, two-year program that uses attorneys and other supporters the chance to get useful experience in global human rights advocacy throughout a broad variety of thematic locations and locations, embedding them as an important part of the worldwide Justice Effort group.
Fellows work throughout the Justice Effort’s core thematic locations consisting of Responsibility, Liberty and Openness, Wrongdoer Justice, Equality & Addition, and Guideline of Law in addition to cross-cutting efforts as performed by the Advocacy and Legal Empowerment groups.
In order to make sure an abundant and differed experience, the chosen fellows will turn, on a yearly basis, through 2 various groups throughout their fellowship terms. Positioning into particular groups will be chosen according to awaited program requirements and top priorities of the Justice Effort, measuring as practicable of the interests and choices of the chosen fellow.
Fellows can anticipate to carry out research study on a broad variety of justice-related concerns; draft reports, legal briefs, advocacy memos, blog sites and other composed items; screen advancements at trials and other legal procedures, and engage legal, jurisprudential, legal and governance advancements worldwide; communicate with civil society and other justice supporters to promote Justice Effort goals; and assist to establish and executive evidence-based advocacy methods.
- The Justice Effort supplies a competitive monetary award and advantages bundle throughout of the fellowship.
- Candidates must have a university degree in Law or an LL.M or M.A. in Human being Rights; academic degree in associated fields (e.g. economics, politics and data) might be thought about adequate in extraordinary scenarios, supplied the candidate can show considerable human rights advocacy experience and a shown capability to deal with legal concerns.
- An optimum of 5 years useful experience in the human rights field.
- A showed record of achievement in legal analysis, legal research study and writing, lawsuits, and/or pertinent advocacy.
- A high degree of English efficiency (speaking, composing and checking out).
For the January 2020– December 2021 fellowship class, they will choose as much as one fellow to be based in each of the Justice Effort’s 3 primary workplaces: Berlin (Germany), London (UK), and New York City (United States). Candidates need to use to the place in which they want to be based. Applications to numerous areas are appropriate, however a private application should be sent for each place. Fellowship deals will specify to each place.
In addition to submitting the online application, prospects need to likewise send the following files:
- A declaration of function of no greater than 2 pages detailing (a) the candidate’s interest and experience in human rights, usually, and the Aryeh Neier fellowship, particularly, (b) the particular thematic location( s) in which the candidate is interested, and (c) the factors for their interest because specific location and how the candidate plans to add to those fields
Please keep in mind, all application products need to be sent as one single PDF file. We are not able to get extra files by means of e-mail.
For more details, see Aryeh Neier Justice Effort Fellowship