Due Date: May 3, 2019
Applications are open for the Open Society Foundations Young Feminist Leaders Fellowships 2019 With the objective of supporting the next generation of feminist activists in Latin America, the Open Society Structures’ Youth Exchange and Women’s Rights Program are collaborating to produce the Young Feminist Leaders Fellowship.
The Young Feminist Leaders Fellowships will support vibrant youth activists, aged 22 to 30 and based in Latin America, who wish to introduce a job of their own style to cultivate a more simply, inclusive, available, democratic, and feminist future for Latin America. Effective tasks will assess the upcoming 25 th anniversary of the Beijing Statement and Platform for Action, address present truths, and propose a particular and comprehensive concept for advancing ladies’s rights and gender justice.
This 12- month fellowship program clearly acknowledges the risks of discrimination to an open society and looks for to produce a management pipeline to promote youths who have individual, direct experiences with social and institutional bias. Effective prospects will be needed to partner with a host company for the 12- month period of the fellowship. Fellowship tasks can be full-time (minimum of 35 hours/week) or part-time (20 hours/week).
- Candidates need to be in between 22 and 30 years of age at the start of the fellowship;-LRB- ***************).
- Candidates need to likewise be based in Latin America and show efficiency in English, Spanish, and/or Portuguese;-LRB- ***************).
- In addition, candidates ought to likewise be at the early phases of their professions and wish to find out more about how to increase their efficiency as an activist and organizer around problems of gender justice and equality throughout motions;-LRB- ***************).
- Candidates ought to have shown experience in neighborhood arranging or advocacy on a regional, nationwide, or local level;-LRB- ***************).
- Applicants who are straight impacted by or have direct lived experience of the difficulties, policies, practices, severe types of discrimination, and systems that perpetuate dominant stories or identity-based stereotypes are highly motivated to use.
- They are trying to find prospects who have actually not had simple access to existing management pipelines however aspire to take a chance for development and advancement.
To use, candidates need to finish the following files in composing and email them to [email protected] by Friday, May 3, 2019 (11: 59 EDT):
- Resume or CV: optimal 2 pages
- Complete composed proposition: candidates ought to finish the connected proposition design template in writing (optimum 5 pages, single-spaced)
Applicants can just send a single written proposition for a single proposed task. Those who make several submissions or propose numerous task concepts in a single submission will not be thought about.
To find out more, check out Open Society Foundations Young Feminist Leaders Fellowships