Deadline: February 28, 2021
Applications for the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) Internship Programme 2021 are now open. The OECD Internship Programme is designed to bring highly qualified and motivated students with diverse backgrounds into the organisation to work on projects linked to the Strategic Orientations of the Secretary-General and to support the corporate functions of the organisation.
Its main goal is to give successful candidates the opportunity to improve their analytical and technical skills in an international environment. The duration of the internship is for a period between one and six months (renewable for another six months up to a total of twelve months), on a full-time basis (40 hours/week). The OECD encourages potential interns to stay for six months in order to gain the best possible insight into work at the OECD.
Examples of work entrusted to interns include:
- Participating in the preparation of studies and documents;
- Carrying out research and reviews of existing materials;
- Collecting, organising and analysing data;
- Contributing to the production of documents, working papers and publications resulting from the above activities, including drafting notes and preparing technical annexes;
- Participating in meetings and seminars;
- Liaising and building networks with officials in national administrations, researchers, other international organisations and member country Delegations;
- Contributing to the organisation of events, communication, planning and evaluation.
- A contribution to living expenses of around 700 euros per full month worked will be granted to interns by the OECD.
Open to students who:
- Are enrolled in a full-time degree programme for the duration of the internship in a field or discipline related to the work of the OECD;
- Are available for a minimum internship duration of one month;
- Have an excellent command of one of the two official languages of the OECD (English and French) and working knowledge of, or willingness to learn the other. Knowledge of other languages used at the OECD would be an advantage;
- Possess solid quantitative and IT skills;
- Demonstrate excellent drafting and communication skills;
- Are capable of working in multicultural and international team environment.
The selection process consists of four main stages:
- Your online application and cover letter (addressed to the Internship Office);
- Pre-screening: All applications are screened by the Internship Office and suitable candidates placed on a shortlist made available to OECD Directorates;
- Interview and/or Written Test: Hiring teams may invite candidates to complete a telephone interview and/or written test;
- Offer letter: If you are selected following a telephone interview and/or written test you will receive an e-mail with your internship offer letter from OECD Human Resources.
Due to the high volume of applications expected, the OECD Internship Office is not in a position to provide individual feedback. Therefore, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by Directorates for an interview.
For more information, visit OECD Internship.