Application Due Date: December 2 nd, 2018
Program/ Department: Fellowship
Agreement Type: n/a
Income: GBP 21,000(GBP 23,000 in the 2nd year) plus lodging allowance
Place: Overseas Advancement Institute
ODI’s distinguished Fellowship Plan offers postgraduate financial experts and statisticians the possibility to operate in establishing nation public sectors as regional civil servants on two-year agreements.
The Plan has 2 goals: to offer establishing nation federal governments with high-calibre junior financial experts and statisticians where there are spaces in regional capability; and to provide postgraduate financial experts and statisticians useful work experience in an establishing nation.
Because 1963 we have actually sent out more than 1,000 financial experts and statisticians on two-year posts to more than 40 nations throughout Africa, Asia, the Caribbean and the Pacific, with lots of going on to effective professions in federal government, multilateral organizations, academic community and the economic sector. More than one hundred Fellows are presently in post.
The Plan is open to prospects of all citizenships offered they have a master’s degree or PhD in economics, stats or an associated discipline. Posts are figured out mainly by the requirements of partner federal governments instead of the choices of prospects themselves.
- The Plan positions young and extremely encouraged financial experts and statisticians in public sector posts in establishing nation federal governments on two-year agreements. Candidates can look for either Economics and/or Stats streams offered they are appropriately certified.
- In addition, this year we are trying to find health financial experts or financial experts thinking about health for Fellowships sponsored by the UK’s Fleming Fund
- The ODI Fellowship Plan is open to prospects of all citizenships who have a master’s degree or PhD in economics, stats or an associated field.
- Appropriate specialised certifications at postgraduate level consist of farming economics, ecological economics, global economics, health economics, advancement economics, and econometrics and stats.
- For those studying for a postgraduate degree at the time of application, the award of a Fellowship is conditional upon the effective conclusion of the postgraduate degree.
- The ODI Fellowship Plan posts Fellows under 2 streams: economics and stats. Prospects can use under one or both of the Fellowship streams offered they have the best certifications: economics and stats.
- Candidates need to want to devote to a two-year publishing in any of the nations that take part in the Plan.
- Applications are reinforced by a verifiable interest in advancement, appropriate work or voluntary experience in an establishing nation, language skills in French, Portuguese or Swahili, and strong IT abilities.
- The Plan frequently brings in roughly equivalent varieties of male and female prospects.
The regional company is generally accountable for:
• paying an income equivalent to what would be payable to an in your area hired nationwide with comparable certifications and experience
• offering conditions of service such as leave privilege, cost allowances and medical insurance coverage comparable to those provided to regional personnel in comparable grades
• guaranteeing Fellows get support in getting work authorizations and security clearances where needed.
ODI is generally accountable for:
• the choice of Fellows
• setting up positionings
• offering Fellows’ pre-departure instruction and allowances
• paying a regular monthly supplement which takes into consideration regional earnings, tax, and lodging expenses
• paying Fellows’ transportation and luggage costs at the start and end of the two-year agreement
• offering emergency situation medical insurance coverage while in post
• offering info by e-mail and text about security problems in Fellows’ nations of publishing
• paying an end-of-Fellowship reward, offered Fellows finish the complete two-year task.
Closing Date: 02 December 2018
Interview: February 11-18, 2019
Evaluation: February 11-18, 2019
- Please keep in mind that the application procedure will close on December 2 nd, 2018, and applications need to be sent by 23: 59 (GMT) to be thought about.
- If you are experiencing issues with your application, please get in touch with the Fellowship Plan workplace on firstname.lastname@example.org
To Learn More: