Due Date: April 30, 2019
Applications for the OWSD Early Profession Fellowship Program 2019 are open. The fellowship program supports early profession ladies researchers to lead essential research study tasks in those nations which have actually been recognized as particularly doing not have in clinical and technological resources.
The fellows will undertake their research study tasks in among the qualified nations and candidates should show that they have actually invested substantial amount of times because nation (a minimum of 5 years in overall). Candidates should likewise have a warranty of work at the organization where they plan to perform the research study.
Throughout the 2-year fellowship, fellows will develop on their management and management abilities, establish connections with a range of public and economic sector partners to possibly transform their research study into valuable items or ensure its effect on a wider scale. By enhancing their interaction and outreach abilities, fellows will likewise find out to successfully provide their research study to numerous audiences, hence drawing in brand-new partners and possible funders to guarantee the sustainability of the research study task.
- The OWSD Early Profession Fellowship is for 2 years and supplies approximately USD 50,000 Please keep in mind that the OWSD Early Profession Fellowship does not attend to the fellow’s wage which should be ensured by the fellow’s organization.
- The fellow’s organization should waive any overheard or indirect expenses on the research study task. Nevertheless, candidates can consist of in their spending plan break-down any expenses for assistance from the organization that will straight benefit the research study task (for instance, laboratory service technician’s time, upkeep and energies expenses, administrative officer’s time, and so on).
- Candidates should have been resident in among the noted Science and Innovation Lagging Nations (STLCs) for a minimum of 5 years. Candidates can be residents of any nation, supplied that the above home requirement is satisfied;-LRB- **************).
- At the time of application, candidates should supply evidence of being utilized at the university or research study institute where the research study task will be performed. If work has actually not yet started, an evidence of work deal and verification of approval is needed;-LRB- **************).
- The organization where the research study task will be performed should remain in among the noted STLCs;-LRB- **************).
- Candidates should supply proof that they will get an income from their university/research institute throughout of the two-year fellowship;-LRB- **************).
- Qualified STEM fields (Science, Innovation, Engineering and Mathematics).
- Agricultural Sciences
- Astronomy, Area and Earth Sciences
- Biological Systems and Organisms
- Chemical Sciences
- Computing and Infotech
- Engineering Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Medical and Health Sciences
- Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology
- Candidates ought to have PhD in among the above listed research study fields.
Candidates should send:
- A scanned copy of the passport page including individual information (image, file number etc).
- Passport-size picture image
- Evidence of home
- Main paperwork that shows residency for a minimum of 5 years in among the qualified STLCs. As long as the address and the name of the candidate appear plainly, the following files can be sent as evidence of home: certificate of residency, declaration from the regional cops workplace or town, population windows registry workplace, rental contract, energies expenses, employment agreement. This list is not extensive and alternative files can be thought about.
- If you are sending any supporting files in your regional language, you should connect a minimum of a casual translation into English. Files with no English translation will not be thought about.
- PhD certificate: A scanned copy of the PhD certificate or evidence of PhD provided by the University.
- Evidence of work
- A letter from the company (dean, vice-dean or comparable head of the candidate’s organization) on headed paper validating candidate’s position at the organization which the candidate will get an income for a minimum of 2 years beginning with the year of application.
- If work has actually not been carried out yet, an evidence of work deal and verification of approval will be asked for from the candidate.
- RÃ©sumÃ©: Total upgraded CV.
- Publications: Total list of publications.
- Recommendation letters
- Candidates should send 2 (2) recommendation letters; a minimum of one should be from a senior researcher knowledgeable about the candidate’s current research study.
- The letters should consist of the referee’s contact information for follow up from Choice Committee.
- Supporting declaration of head of candidate’s organization: The supporting declaration of the head of the candidate’s organization finished and signed by the dean, vice-dean or comparable head of organization. The supporting declaration can be downloaded here
- Extra paperwork: The candidate might want to supply extra files which supply proof of abilities, qualities or actions explained in the research study task (e.g. certificate of awards, subscriptions etc).
To find out more, see OWSD Early Profession Fellowship