Due Date: August 29, 2019
Applications are open for the OWSD-Elsevier Structure Awards 2020 for Early-Career Women Researchers in the Establishing World The OWSD-Elsevier Structure Awards is a prominent award that honors the clinical and profession accomplishments of ladies from establishing nations.
The 2020 awards will be provided to early-career ladies who have actually made substantial contributions in the fields of Engineering and Innovation. Introduced in 2010 by The Elsevier Structure, TWAS and OWSD, the Awards benefit and motivate ladies working and residing in establishing nations in the early phases of their clinical professions.
- Prize money of USD 5,000
- All-expenses-paid journey to go to the American Association for the Development of Science (AAAS) yearly conference, which will occur on 13-16 February 2020 in Seattle.
The 5 awards will be dispersed as follows: one for each of the 4 areas of the establishing world, plus an extra ¨ drifting” award for an impressive prospect from any of these areas.
- The candidate should be a female researcher who has actually gotten her PhD within the previous 10 years;-LRB- **************).
- In addition, the candidate should have lived and operated in among the following science and innovation delayed nations for a minimum of 5 of the last 15 years:.
- Africa: Angola, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Dem. Rep. Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Niger, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- Arab Area: Djibouti, Palestine (West Bank & Gaza Strip), Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, Yemen.
- Asia and the Pacific: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, Kiribati, Lao Individuals’s Dem. Rep., Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Timor-Leste, Tuvalu, Vanuatu.
- Latin America and the Caribbean: Bolivia, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Nicaragua, Paraguay.
The qualified subject fields for the 2020 awards consist of:
- Civil engineering
- Electrical engineering, electronic engineering
- Telecommunications/information engineering/ Software application engineering
- Computer technology
- Mechanical engineering
- Chemical engineering
- Products engineering
- Medical engineering
- Ecological engineering
- Ecological biotechnology
- Commercial biotechnology
- Nano innovation
Applications will be evaluated in regards to:
- Scientific benefit (eg. quality of publications)
- Global and local effect (eg. invites to present or chair at conferences; company or involvement on workshops; cooperations with researchers from other nations; nationwide or local awards gotten)
- Capability structure– regional, nationwide and local (eg. proof of running MSc or PhD training programs; establishing and offering resources for trainees and young scientists; mentoring activities).
- Proof of development will be thought about positively.
Applications should consist of:
- Prospect’s curriculum vitae
- Complete list of publications
- A minimum of one (ideally 2) referral letter( s)
- Recommendation declaration from a senior scholastic researcher (e.g. OWSD members, TWAS Fellows, going to researchers and personnel of The International Centre for Theoretical Physics– ICTP, nationwide science academies, nationwide research study councils and heads of departments/universities, both in establishing and established nations). Please keep in mind that the endorser can not likewise be a referee.
For more details, see OWSD-Elsevier Structure