Deadline: September 30, 2020
Applications are open for the Oxfam/GEN Nigeria National Enterprise Challenge 2020. The National Enterprise Challenge is geared towards improving the entrepreneurial mindset and motivating Nigerian University students to start and run ventures even while at school rather than looking for employment after graduation.
Selected entrepreneurs will pitch at the Regional level between October 12 – 24, 2020. Regional winners will be declared by October 31, 2020 and the top three in each region will proceed to compete at the national where ONLY 18 will be finalists.
The National Enterprise Challenge is an initiative of the Directors of Entrepreneurship Centers across Nigerian Universities and are being supported by the National Universities Commission (NUC).
- 1st Prize: N1,000,000
- 2nd Prize: N750,000
- 3rd Prize: N500,000
- Regional winners (1st to 3rd place) will receive consolation prizes even as they proceed to the finals.
- The competition is open to all current students irrespective of their field of study, undergraduate or postgraduate, full time or part-time.
- Applicants must however be studying in a Nigerian University.
As part of the process, finalists will be required to send a 3-minute video of their pitch which will be uploaded for general viewing and voting by the public. Results from the public vote will constitute 30% of the total marks. The remaining 70% will be decided by the Grand Jury during the Global Entrepreneurship Week holding November 16 – 22, 2020.
For more information, visit National Enterprise Challenge.