Deadline: December 31, 2020
Applications for the Pan African Re/Insurance Journalism Awards 2021 are now open. Now in its sixth year, the Journalism Awards target business journalists from Anglophone and Francophone countries in Africa and aims to recognize and acknowledge the good work of media on the continent.
Sponsored by Continental Reinsurance, the Pan-African Re/Insurance Journalism Awards recognise the outstanding work of journalists on re/insurance from across the continent. Successful candidates have to demonstrate how their articles have raised awareness and understanding of the re/insurance sector in Africa.
The awards are an extension of Continental Reinsurance’s continued commitment to the advancement of excellence in the industry. The Pan-African Re/Insurance Awards were launched in April 2015.
The categories in the 2021 awards are:
- Best Re/Insurance Print Article [English]
- Best Re/Insurance Online Article [English]
- Best Re/Insurance Broadcast Article [English]
- Best Re/Insurance French Entry [Print, Broadcast or Online]
- Award recipients are recognized at the Awards Ceremony to be held alongside the CEO Summit event and will receive a complimentary invitation to the event. The cost of travel and hotel accommodation will be borne by Continental Re.
- The names and photos of the award recipients and the awards that they have won will be published in Continental Re’s literature and online channels to celebrate the achievements of the award winners.
- Recipients may use their award titles for their own professional development.
- Open to business journalists from Anglophone and Francophone countries in Africa.
- Submission can be either a published article – print, online or broadcast (radio/television clip) in English or French.
- Only one article can be entered for each category.
- Articles should have been published between December 1, 2019 to December 31, 2020.
You have to provide an explanatory brief, which should be a short 50 – 100 words description of your work to give the judges the background and context to the project, and a brief personal profile and your best photo.
You must also submit your published article or broadcast clip together with your name, media organisation and the date the article or clip was published or broadcasted. Your submission should specify the awards categories that you are entering for.
For more information, visit Continental Reinsurance.