Due Date: May 6, 2019
Applications are open for the Paradigm Effort Digital Rights and Addition Media Fellowship 2019 The Fellowship is a 4-month program created to immerse impressive, early profession, reporters in digital rights and digital addition advocacy– and intervention efforts– in Africa.
Picked reporters will deal with Paradigm Effort on different tasks and add to enhancing public understanding of digital rights and addition problems. In 2018, Nigeria’s Victor Ekwealor (Techpoint) and Togo’s Emmanuel Vitus (GhanaWeb) emerged as the leader fellows. In 2019, they prepare to choose 3 fellows.
Parts of the Fellowship
- 2-day Orientation and Digital Rights/Inclusion training
- 2-week residency at Paradigm Effort’s workplaces in Nigeria. The Fellow will hang out at the Yaba HQ, Aba LIFE Centre, Abuja workplace, Ajegunle LIFE Centre and Kano LIFE Centre
- 4-month virtual cooperation with Paradigm Effort
- Fellowship might likewise consist of fully-funded regional and worldwide journeys to take part in and cover appropriate occasions
- Interaction with leading stakeholders in digital rights advocacy
- Fellows will be anticipated to take part in all arranged activities
- Fellows will be anticipated to release, in their associated papers or publications, a minimum of twelve reports on digital rights and addition problems throughout the fellowship duration. Fellows will maintain complete editorial instructions on the stories
- Fellows will be anticipated to continue to supply protection to digital rights and addition problems after their fellowship
- Paradigm Effort will supply fellows with a month-to-month stipend, and a one-time research study grant, throughout the fellowship duration
- Open to reporters associated with mainstream print and online papers in Africa;-LRB- **************).
- They are particularly thinking about females reporters;-LRB- **************).
- Interested prospects need to show previous protection of human rights and/or tech problems and interest in advocacy journalism;-LRB- **************).
- Interested prospects need to not have actually invested more than 10 years in journalism. We are most thinking about impressive, early profession reporters.
For additional information, see Paradigm Effort Digital Rights and Addition Media Fellowship