Application Due Date: 22 nd July 2019 at 5: 00 pm (GMT)
The Collaboration for abilities in Applied Sciences, Engineering and Innovation (PASET) is an African-led effort with the goal of enhancing abilities in the Applied Science, engineering and Innovation to additional socio-economic change in sub- Saharan Africa (SSA). The Regional Scholarship and Development Fund (RSIF) is the flagship program of PASET.
The main goal of RSIF is to train high quality PhD and post-doctoral trainees to resolve the personnel space of extremely certified professionals in the fields of used sciences, engineering, and innovation (ASET) and to add to enhancing research study and development capabilities in those fields in sub-Saharan Africa. RSIF supports PhD trainees, post-doctoral researchers and universities in SSA to develop a top quality training, research study and development environment and to establish their institutional capability for the advantage of the entire area.
RSIF is presently moneyed by contributions from African federal governments,.
the World Bank and the Federal Government of Korea; and carried out by the.
International Centre of Pest Physiology and Ecology (icipe), Nairobi,.
Kenya, as the RSIF Regional Collaborating System (RCU-icipe).
The PASET concern thematic locations are: ICTs consisting of huge information and expert system; food security and agribusiness; minerals, mining and products engineering; energy consisting of renewables; and environment modification.
Applications are welcomed from prospects thinking about getting international-quality PhD training, and access to research study and development environments at a PASET RSIF African Host University:
• 45 RSIF PhD scholarships are offered for nationals of sub-Saharan nations who do not have a PhD degree, and who are not presently registered in any PhD Program
• The scholarships cover expenses of the PhD Program, consisting of travel, living costs, medical insurance coverage, university costs, and manager and research study assistance.
• Scholars will invest 6-24 months ‘sandwich’ training at a selected worldwide or local partner university, research study institute or personal business.
• The RSIF scholarships will be granted in September 2019 to start research studies in October 2019.
• Master’s degree holders in an appropriate discipline
• People of a sub-Saharan African nation ready to enlist full-time in a PhD program at an RSIF African Host University
• Top priority will be offered to females and existing young scholastic professors at African Universities
• Demonstrate management capacity, such as social work in locations associated with PASET RSIF disciplines
• More details on the PhD program particular requirements and RSIF AHU admissions requirements can be discovered here: RSIF African Host Universities and offered PhD programs.
Finished application and accompanying supporting files should be gotten ONLINE through the following site LINK
Due Date Due date for applications: 22 nd July 2019 at 5: 00 pm (GMT)
Please resolve any concerns to: Sagal Abdulle, Doctoral Scholarships Officer, Regional Coordination System (RCU), icipe [email protected]
To Find Out More: