Due Date: July 22, 2019
Applications are open for the PASET-RSIF PhD Scholarship Program 2019 PASET-RSIF is providing to 45 PhD scholarships at one of 10 RSIF African Host Universities.
The 3-4 Year Doctoral Training Scholarship is used in the following thematic locations: ICTs consisting of huge information and expert system; Food security and agribusiness; Minerals, Mining and Products Engineering; Energy consisting of renewables, and Environment Modification. The RSIF scholarship will be granted in September 2019.
PASET-RSIF will supply complete scholarships and will cover the following:
- The scholarships cover all expenses of the PhD program, consisting of travel, living expenditures, medical insurance coverage, university costs and research study assistance.
- Return air travel from/to house nation
- RSIF scholars are qualified to gain from competitive research study grant awards by sending propositions in cooperation with professors and global partners to reinforce their research study quality.
- Open to nationals of a sub-Saharan African nation who do not have a PhD degree. Choice will be offered to young professors without PhD degrees;-LRB- **************).
- Females are specifically motivated to use. Concern will be offered to ladies and existing young scholastic professors at African Universities;-LRB- **************).
- Young African researchers and engineers who are getting in academic community, market or organisation;-LRB- **************).
- Hold a Master’s degree in a pertinent field, and should want to register into a full-time PhD program at an RSIF African Host University;-LRB- **************).
- Extra particular entryway requirements will be thought about for admission depending upon the qualified PhD program at the RSIF AHU chosen by the prospect
- A working understanding of English or French (composed & spoken);-LRB- **************).
- Finished application and accompanying supporting files should be gotten online.
RSIF Host Universities
- Energy consisting of Renewables
- University of Nairobi, Kenya, PhD Program in Physics
- University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria, PhD Program in Petroleum and Gas Engineering/ Energy Economics
- ICTs consisting of Big Data and Expert System
- University of Gaston Berger, Senegal/ Africa Center of Quality for Mathematics, Informatics, and ICT (MITIC)
- University of Rwanda/ Africa Centre of Quality in Web of Things (ACEIoT), PhD Program in Web of Things: Embedded Computing Systems
- Food Security and Agribusiness
- University of Ghana, PhD. Applied Agricultural Economics and Policy/Agribusiness
- Sokoine University of Farming, Tanzania/ Africa Center of Quality for Contagious Illness of People and Animals in Southern and Eastern Africa (SACIDS)
- Minerals, Mining and Products Engineering
- Kenyatta University, Kenya PhD Program in Products Science
- The Nelson Mandela African Organization of Science and Innovation (NM-AIST), Tanzania
- Environment Modification
- Bayero University/ Centre for Dryland Farming, Nigeria, PhD Program in Natural Deposit Management and Environment Modification
- University of Felix Houphouet-Boigny, Cote d’Ivoire/ Africa Center of Quality for Environment Modification Biodiversity and Sustainable Farming (CCBAD)
The application procedure is two-fold:
- Applications for locations ought to be made to the favored RSIF African Host University. AHUs and their specific application are noted here Kindly see area 3.0 on the application for particular requirements for the university you are using to. Please note, you DO NOT require to send a different application to the University straight. You likewise DO NOT require to pay any application costs at this time.
- Once the candidate fulfills the University certifications, and they have actually gathered all the files to be submitted consisting of the finished application, then they can continue to get the scholarship.
The following files would be needed for application:
- Finished application for the RSIF African Host University and PhD Program you are using
- RÃ©sumÃ© (please utilize the Europass Format: http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu)
- Licensed copies of Bachelor’s and Master’s degree certificates. Please integrate into one file. If essential, you might zip the file to make it smaller sized for submitting. For pdf files, can decrease the size utilizing the online tool at https://smallpdf.com/compress-pdf
- Licensed copies of university records for Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees. Please integrate into one file. If essential, you might zip the file to make it smaller sized for submitting.
- Copy of a signed suggestion letter from your company (if presently used) or University where MSc was carried out. The letter should be on institute letterhead.
- If relevant, a main letter validating that you will be given research study leave from your location of work. The letter should be on main letterhead.
- Extra files will be needed by the RSIF African Host University in which you are using. See area 3.0 of the application for more information on the particular eligibility requirements and application requirements
- Copy of Passport biodata page (the page that has your image and individual information)
To learn more, see PASET-RSIF PhD Scholarship