Due Date: October 23, 2019
Applications are open for the Peace and Social Modification Fellowship Program 2020, hosted by the Ladies, Peace and Security (WPS) Program at Columbia University, Earth Institute.
The Peace and Social Modification Fellowship Program is developed to combine activists, specialists and academics to gain from and with each other, reinforce relationships, and exchange concepts with other grassroots females alter makers from throughout varied contexts and locations. This 2020 require applications is open to African grassroots activists working broadly on the problem of peace and security. This consists of less frequently acknowledged elements of peace and security, such as gender-based violence, land rights, financial equity, sexual and reproductive rights, and environment modification, to name a few subjects.
The fellowship will start with a three-day Peace and Social Modification workshop that will happen in Nairobi, Kenya in January2020 Fellows will be welcomed to bring 2 to 3 agents from their companies with them to the workshop in order to increase cross-learning within their particular organizations/movements. After the January workshop, the Ladies, Peace and Security (WPS) program personnel will help with 6 months of continuous interaction amongst the fellowship associate by means of webinars and e-mail.
They will likewise link fellows with college student scientists from Columbia University and The Graduate Center of The City University of New York City (CUNY). This group of college student scientists will assist increase the presence of fellows’ work and companies through interdisciplinary research study tasks based upon fellows’ feedback and reported requirements. At the end of the fellowship duration, fellows, WPS personnel and college student scientists will satisfy for a 2nd event in Nairobi, Kenya to talk about and provide their collective work.
- All individuals will have expenses associated with take a trip, lodging, and meals throughout the Nairobi workshop covered.
The fellowship is developed for females grassroots activists who:
- Currently deal with behalf of an African-based, grassroots-level company or motion in the location of social justice and social modification such as, however not restricted to, gender based violence, land rights, environment modification, maternal health, and so on
- Presently live in Africa
- Have a history of movement-building or change-making in their neighborhood
- Have some element of their work associated to the style of peace and security
- Are readily available to take a trip to Nairobi, Kenya in January 2020 and July 2020 for 2 three-day workshops
- Have an interest in teaming up with college students from the United States to produce research study for motion assistance
- Are 18 years of age or older
- Excel in English
- All levels of experience are welcomed to use
For additional information, see Peace and Social Modification Fellowship