Due Date: March 25 and April 15, 2019
Peace Direct is accepting applications for the yearly ‘ Tomorrow’s Peacebuilders’ awards Now in its seventh year, Tomorrow’s Peacebuilders deals international acknowledgment for grassroots peace activists in battle zone worldwide. These are the only international awards for regional peacebuilders– motivating people who are developing a much better tomorrow worldwide’s most vulnerable locations.
Throughout the world, regional individuals are dealing with the reasons for violence at the root, and reconstructing lives after war that has actually torn neighborhoods apart. Tomorrow’s Peacebuilders is the international awards for regional peacebuilding, to acknowledge the work of those deciding for peace.
Granted each year, they provide worldwide acknowledgment for grassroots peace activists in conflict-affected nations worldwide. These are motivating individuals who are developing a much better tomorrow for their neighborhoods, in the most vulnerable and clingy locations. 3 winning organisations will each get $10,000 and online promo of their work, and $ 1,000 will be granted to the winning photography reward.
Prizes and Advantages
This year’s classifications are:
- Women-led peacebuilding
- Youth-led peacebuilding
- Music & carrying out arts
3 organisations will each get $10,000 and online promo of their work. An agent from each of the winning organisations will get an all-expenses paid journey to the award event at PeaceCon 2018 in Washington, DC.
This year, there will likewise be a photography reward to commemorate pictures that highlight the style of ‘ regional peacebuilding’. The winning entry will get $ 1,000 of video camera devices for the picture that finest highlights regional peacebuilding in action, or finest interacts this style.
These are international awards so there is no geographical constraint on applications. In order to be qualified to get in, you need to:
- Undertake peacebuilding work– your organisation is either a peacebuilding organisation or has peacebuilding as a significant component of your work.
- Be in your area based– your organisation should be based in the nation or neighborhoods where your work is done. If your organisation runs in several nations, you are not qualified to get in. (Keep in mind cross-border tasks are qualified.)
- Be an independent organisation, not an in-country or satellite organisation of a global NGO.
- Be working, or preparing to work, in a minimum of among the following thematic locations: women-led peacebuilding; youth-led peacebuilding; or non-violent action.
Entries for the 2019 Tomorrow’s Peacebuilders awards, consisting of the photography reward, will be accepted from 13 February till 15 April 2019.
For more details, check out Peace Direct