Deadline: September 1, 2021
Applications for the PEMSEA EAS Futures Video Competition 2021 are open. The video competition aims to showcase the understanding the youth have of their oceans, and highlight the creativity and firmness with which they can share their knowledge, understanding, plans, and dreams.
Achieving sustainability throughout East Asia’s coasts and oceans matters to all, but is particularly crucial for the region’s youth, who will not only benefit from sustainability, but ensure it is carried on into the future. Youth involvement in sustainability initiatives is crucial for their long-term implementation and success.
Partnerships in Environmental Management for the Seas of East Asia (PEMSEA) strongly believes in the need to involve youth in the future of their shared seas. With the close cooperation and support of the Ministry of Oceans and Fisheries, RO Korea, PEMSEA is hosting a series of regional competitions to generate, interest, awareness, and engagement. The video competition aims to highlight best practices and local marine actions of youth, and/or highlight local issues or challenges. It should be a 3 to 5-minute video, created entirely from material filmed/created by youth.
Sustaining the oceans:
- Ocean and coasts as source of food and livelihood
- Ocean and coasts as habitat and ecosystems
- Protecting and conserving coastal and shore biodiversity
- Responsible and sustainable tourism
- Addressing marine and riverine pollution
- Coastal adaptation to climate change
- 1st prize: USD 750
- 2nd prize: USD 350
- 3rd prize: USD 200
- Open to high school students, university students, and amateurs up to 30 years old.
- Entry must be an original video filmed in one of the following countries: Brunei, Cambodia, China, Indonesia, Japan, DPR Korea, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Philippines, RO Korea, Singapore, Timor-Leste, Thailand, or Viet Nam.
Video Entry Specifications
- A single entry per individual or team.
- All members of a team must fall within the same eligibility category. All participants must be credited.
- Must be between 3 and 5 minutes.
- Original work.
- Should primarily consist of film taken within the past year.
- Must be related to the theme of sustaining the oceans, with links to one or more of the sub-themes listed above.
- Creativity is encouraged! There is no set structure. The film could be a mini-documentary, a series of interviews, or tell a story.
- Videos must be accompanied with a maximum 300 word explaining the topic of the video, and where it was filmed.
- May not have won any other contest, or be commercially published whether for news, advertising or otherwise.
- The film should not feature any person, group, or organization without their consent. By submitting the video, participants guarantee that all necessary subject matter permissions are acquired.
- All information should be sent in English, and the video should include English speaking and/or subtitles.
- Relevance to the theme
- Strength of message
- Composition and editing
- Fill out the Official Entry Form.
- Provide proof of age/education status.
- Filename of the video must be in the format “SURNAME_VIDEOTITLE”
- Email Entry Form, proofs, and video to [email protected] and cc [email protected], OR
- Email Entry Form, proofs, and video link (youtube, vimeo, dailymotion) to [email protected] and cc [email protected]
- If uploaded, please include #EASFuturesVideoCompetition as well as all involved names in the video description.
- Entries must be received on or before 1 September 2021, 23:59 Philippine Time (UTC+8)
For more information, visit EAS Futures Video Competition.