Application Deadline: September 15th 2018
• grants for a temporary residence at renowned institutions for dance and choreography abroad
• a non-paid participation in an ensemble or a placement with a choreographer at home or abroad
• the studies of dance techniques with renowned personalities at home or abroad
The Pina Bausch Fellowship is not a residency programme,in which the grant holders are required to create new productions.
- Each fellowship can take a minimum of three months and no longer than six months. The grant holders receive a monthly allowance of 2.500 € to cover the cost for accommodation, food, visa or possible fees.
- The Fellowship is promoted internationally and aims at individual artists from the fields of dance and choreography. Up to four Fellowships are awarded every year.
- There is no age-restriction for applicants.
- university/academic degree in dance and/or two years professional experience with a renowned ensemble
- independent creation of at least one production with a public performance in the last three years
In order to take part in the Fellowship programme, basic knowledge of the English language is required for purposes of communication among the Fellowship holders and the participation in formats such as the presentation of the project proposal, press meetings and public presentations. Organisational handling such as email contact and travel bookings are going to be in English.
An application for the Pina Bausch Fellowship 2019 is possible from June 1st to September 15th, 2018, and here only.
The application procedure requires:
- letter of motivation (max. 1500 characters with blanks in ENGLISH)
- a brief statement on your planned stay ( max. 800 characters with blanks in ENGLISH)
- CV in tabular form (max. 1500 characters with blanks in ENGLISH) and a portrait
- information on the planned date and duration of the stay
- letter of intent from the cooperating partner (e.g. an ensemble, a renowned person or institution from the field of dance or choreography, in ENGLISH)
- video material
- a selection of public performances (no more than three videos)
- a selection of performances in artistic productions (no more than two videos) and a recording of an artistic performance based on a task that they set for themselves (one video, no longer than five minutes)
Please note that you need to provide the video-material online, e.g. by secure file upload to a video portal. You can specify the links and passwords (if any) in the application form. For technical reasons we do not recommend to use YouTube or Dailymotion for your upload. Videos, whose links are not functional, can unfortunately not be considered.
For More Information: