Due Date: September 15, 2019
Applications are welcomed for the Pina Baush Fellowship 2020 for Dance and Choreography Discovering a language for life– the Arts Structure of North Rhine-Westphalia and the Pina Bausch Structure have actually been acting on Pina Bausch’s credo considering that 2016 with a co-developed grant program and award the Pina Bausch Fellowship for Dance and Choreography.
The sponsorship is indicated for
- Grants for a short-term home at distinguished organizations for dance and choreography abroad
- A non-paid involvement in an ensemble or a positioning with a choreographer in your home or abroad
- The research studies of dance strategies with distinguished characters in your home or abroad
The scholarship holders are getting the opportunity to get brand-new experiences and are motivated to establish their own creative attributes with brand-new kinds of expression. The Pina Bausch Fellowship is not a task fund, nor is it focused on the advancement of brand-new pieces.
For that function you require to search for a partner in whose work you have an interest in or with whom you wish to comply. Complying partners can be distinguished ensembles, choreographers, and likewise organizations and characters from dance- or choreographic training organizations. The prepare for the fellowship are to be set up together with this partner. Possible jobs might be cooperation in type of an externship with a choreographer or a remain at a popular training organization as a going to trainee. Each candidate needs to call their working together partner themselves and have actually the prepared task verified in a “letter of intent”.
The picked individuals participate in a required initial week in Wuppertal from 19 th of January to second of February2019 Following completion of the fellowship year, they present their outcomes with a lecture in Wuppertal in January 2021.
- Each fellowship can take a minimum of 3 months and no longer than 6 months. It consists of a month-to-month allowance of 2,500 Euros and one-time travel expenditures. Approximately 4 fellowships are given each year.
The Fellowship is promoted worldwide. It has no age-restrictions and focus on single artists from the fields of dance and choreography (dancers and choreographers). They can use if they fulfill the individual requirements.
- For dancers: University/academic degree in dance and/or 2 years expert experience with a popular ensemble
- For choreographers: Independent production of a minimum of one production with a public efficiency in the last 3 years
- In order to participate in the Fellowship program, fundamental understanding of the English language is needed for functions of interaction amongst the Fellowship holders and the involvement in formats such as the discussion of the task proposition, press conferences and public discussions. Organisational dealing with such as e-mail contact and travel reservations are going to remain in English.
The application treatment needs:
- letter of inspiration (max. 1500 characters with blanks in ENGLISH)
- a quick declaration on your prepared stay (max. 800 characters with blanks in ENGLISH)
- CV in tabular type (max. 1500 characters with blanks in ENGLISH) and a picture
- info on the scheduled date and period of the stay
- an approximate price quote of travel expenditures
- letter of intent from the working together partner (e.g. an ensemble, a popular individual or organization from the field of dance or choreography, in ENGLISH)
- video product
For additional information, see Pina Baush Fellowship