Due Date: April 19, 2019
The Population Recommendation Bureau (PRB) is requiring applications for its 2019 Women’s Edition Training Program in West Africa ” Women’s Edition” combines prominent females journalists-editors, heads of desks, and journalists-for week-long workshops on subjects connected to reproductive health, population and advancement concerns.
The workshop will be kept in Dakar, Senegal in June 2019 and will concentrate on the dedication of spiritual leaders in the West African area to promote reproductive health and the wellness of females and households. The Women’s Edition Workshop uses a special chance to be part of a global network of skilled females reporters who have an interest in health and advancement. The PRB will choose 12 females reporters from throughout West Africa to go to the Dakar workshop.
Throughout the workshop, reporters will take part in sessions with professionals in health and advancement; they will likewise take part in editorial conferences to establish methods to cover these concerns to much better add to advocacy. Website gos to are likewise on the program of this local conference. The individuals picked at the end of this very first workshop will have the chance to be welcomed, in 2020, to a 2nd workshop on a various style of reproductive health. They will have access to grants for thorough reporting on reproductive health.
- The PRB will cover all workshop costs, consisting of travel, lodging and food.
Open to skilled female reporters who:
- Operate in a nation in West Africa.
- Have a prominent position– editor, reporter or manufacturer– in a leading company such as nationwide and local papers, radio and radio stations. Self-employed females and blog writers can use however need to offer a letter of assistance from a media outlet specifying that their work will be released or transmitted.
- Show a strong interest in health, advancement and population concerns and a dedication to cover these subjects.
- Interact quickly and efficiently in French for the workshop, although they can compose or transmit in any other language.
For your application, you will require to offer:
- Contact info.
- Your existing CV
- A statement of interest.
- A quick account of a crucial subject on reproductive health in your nation. The topic is your option and will merely serve to show your understanding of reproductive health.
- 2 copies of 2 of your finest journalistic productions.
- 2 recommendations.
- A letter of assistance from your leader.
For additional information, go to Women’s Edition Workshop