Deadline: November 8, 2019
Entries are invited for the PORADA Worldwide Concepts Competitors 2019. PORADA, in cooperation with POLI.design, based by Politecnico di Milano, proclaims a world concepts competitors to determine new modern ideas on several types of Sideboard and Cabinet, wherein the usage of strong wooden is prevalent (though not essentially unique) and which conveys the values and the id of the Porada model.
The wooden, whether or not in natural-finish (ideally in finishes primarily utilized by the corporate), or lacquered, might be mixed with metallic, glass, leather-based, disguise leather-based or cloth. The submitted designs shall be unique and unpublished; they have to improve the usage of manufacturing applied sciences, woodworking processes and typical ending of the strong wooden they usually should reply to the precept of performance. They have to adjust to the present security requirements in drive, additionally respecting ergonomic, environmental and sustainable design necessities.
The whole prize cash of € 10,000 shall be allotted as follows:
- 1st prize € 3,000
- 2nd prize € 2,000
- third prize € 1,000
- 1st prize € 2,000
- 2nd prize € 1,200
- third prize € 800
The competitors is open to:
- Professionals class: Italian and/or overseas designers working independently or employed by corporations (if duly approved by their firm).
- College students class: Italian and/or overseas college students enrolled in Bachelor’s or Grasp’s levels and up to date graduates.
The paperwork have to be delivered in digital format by way of the digital process above throughout the deadline. Every participant (or group) should submit:
- A quick report (max 3000 characters) outlining the motivations, the overall idea, design options of the mission and an outline of the supplies required.
The pdf file of the report is to be introduced in portrait orientation on ISO-A4 paper (21 x 29.7 cm) and have to be named ‘relazione_codice’.
The header must completely comprise the alphanumeric code referred to in part 2 and any title/title of the mission;
- Technical drawings consisting of three boards in panorama orientation on ISO-A3 (42 x 29.7 cm), in pdf format, composed on a structure of the board, which might be downloaded right here.
The boards will comprise:
- Board 1: an summary, reference situations and modes of use, temper board, normal idea of the thing within the context of use and sources of inspiration;
- Board 2: technical drawings: plans, elevations, sections, axonometric projections, exploded views, design drawings listed within the applicable scale and specifics of the main points and materials decisions, that are thought of essential;
Board 3: illustration of the thing, rendering, images of the mannequin.
The presentation boards must be mixed right into a single pdf file named ‘tavole_codice’ (most file measurement 5 Mb).
- A preview picture of the mission, summarizing the salient options (which can correspond to the render or one other picture deemed essential) and it will likely be the primary picture seen by the judges to determine the mission, in jpg format (most file measurement 1 Mb).
The file have to be uploaded completely via the web process as described above (server connections for downloading recordsdata or recordsdata despatched by common or licensed electronic mail is not going to be accepted).
For extra data, go to PORADA Worldwide Concepts Competitors.