Application Deadline:30 August 2020.
Applications are invited for the above scholarship. PhD students in the Power Futures Lab at the Graduate School of Business (GSB) to conduct full-time research in one of these following areas:
1) Chinese investments in the power sector in Africa; or
2) Distributed energy resources and power market transitions in Africa.
The successful candidate must comply with the University of Cape Town’s approved policies, procedures and practices for post-graduate study and need to apply for full-time PhD study through the standard processes for acceptance onto the GSB’s PhD programme
The scholarship’s of value is R283,000 for the 2021 academic year, and may be renewed for a further two years, depending on satisfactory progress. Further research stipends may also be available. Applicants should have a first-class academic record, a Master’s Degree in a relevant discipline, and will also have to demonstrate their ability and commitment to independent research within in a small and diverse team.
Applications should include a covering letter on their academic achievements motivation to undertake fulltime PhD research and the rationale for their choice of research topic, and should include their academic transcripts as well as their CV and the names and contacts of three referees who can attest to their academic and research abilities and character.
– Preference will be given to black South African students, although all eligible and complete applications will be considered by the Director of the Power Futures Lab.
- The closing date for applications is 30 August 2020.
- Applications may be sent to Fazlin Harribi: [email protected]
For More Information: