Due Date: March 29, 2019
Make An Application For the Poynter IFCN Truth Forward Development Fund 2019 The Poynter International Fact-Checking Network wishes to support your next concept. They are looking for fact-checking companies and/or groups of reporters, designers, designers or information researchers to send tasks that can represent a paradigmatic development for fact-checkers in any of these locations: 1) formats, 2) company designs 3) technology-assisted fact-checking.
With Truth Forward, the IFCN will grant 50,000 USD to the winning job. For this fund, an ingenious job is specified as one that offers an unique, unique user experience that flawlessly incorporates material, style, and company method. The development needs to serve both the audience and the company.
- Candidates should be used by a fact-checking company that is a signatory of the IFCN code of concepts or should provide a signed memorandum of comprehending with among the validated signatories settling on executing the job together;-LRB- **************).
- Open to existing fact-checking groups or companies that look for financing to scale up or introduce a brand-new job, along with skilled reporters with strong concepts or models;-LRB- **************).
- The fund is open to fact-checking tasks run by standard media business, along with digital media business owners. If there is a resulting code of this job, it needs to be open and it needs to be public in a GitHub repository;-LRB- **************).
- Task must be more than simply a concept;-LRB- **************).
- Candidates should be companies or groups of a minimum of 2 individuals who have actually evaluated their principle or a minimum of established a model;-LRB- **************).
- Applications from people will be accepted if they are coupled with a fact-checking company where the job will be executed in the 12- months amount of time.
Initially, the panelists grade (from 1 to 3) every one of the applications that get approved for the 2nd round according to 6 various viewpoints:
- Is the job an initial concept in the fact-checking field and alter the method which info exists and/or taken in?
- Does the job include more than one company (fact-checking or otherwise) or effort to execute an option currently shown by another one with its guidance?
- Does the job have the capacity of battling false information, enhancing the quality of the general public argument and/or reaching a wider/new audience?
- Does the job have the prospective to grow in the future?
- Does the job have the prospective to be duplicated by other fact-checkers with small modifications and serving its initial function?
- Is the asked for budget plan in accordance with the objectives and scope of the job and have the prospective to be totally finished and executed in time and form?
The preliminary application is through a kind that consists of, to name a few info: complete name, fact-checking effort included, a quick description of the company accountable for the concept and a job description (250 to 500 words). The 2nd stage will need a more comprehensive application and likewise a spending plan description. It will just be open to candidates that have actually passed the preliminary.
To find out more, check out IFCN Development Fund