Application Due Date: May fourth 2019
The International Fact-Checking Network wishes to support your next concept.
IFCN acknowledge the significance of making development a crucial part of fact-checking in the age of online false information and we are likewise conscious that development needs financial investment. For those factors, we are opening the 2nd Truth Forward financing program. A require fact-checking companies and/or groups of reporters, designers, designers or information researchers to send jobs that can represent a paradigmatic development for fact-checkers in any of these locations:
- Service designs
- Technology-assisted fact-checking
With Truth Forward, the IFCN will give 50,000 USD to the winning job, thanks to a grant from Omidyar Network You can take a look at in 2015’s winner, CheckNews, right here
For this fund, an ingenious job is specified as one that offers an unique, unique user experience that perfectly incorporates material, style and service method. The development ought to serve both the audience and the company.
Existing fact-checking groups or.
companies that look for financing to scale up or release a brand-new job, as.
well as knowledgeable reporters with strong concepts or models.
The fund is open to fact-checking jobs run by standard media.
business, in addition to digital media business owners. If there is a.
resulting code of this job, it should be open and it ought to be public.
in a GitHub repository.
Candidates should be used by a fact-checking company that is a signatory of the IFCN code of concepts
or should provide a signed memorandum of comprehending with among the.
validated signatories settling on carrying out the job together.
A panel of specialists will pick the winner. The members of the panel are:
- Mark Stencel: co-director of the Duke Reporters’ Laboratory and its Tech & Examine Cooperative.
- Mariano Blejman: Creator of Media Factory news accelerator. Creator of Media Celebration, the greatest mediathon in Latin America.
- Laura Danger Owen: Deputy Editor of Nieman Journalism Laboratory at The Nieman Structure at Harvard University.
- Mariana Santos: creator and CEO of Chicas Poderosas, a non-profit company that intends to bring more ladies into innovation;
- Janine Warner: Co-founder of Sembramedia Knight Fellow for the International Center for Reporters.
Among those specialists and/or a member of the IFCN personnel will be readily available to use recommendations throughout the 12- month advancement and application phase.
How to Use:
The preliminary application is through a.
kind that consists of, to name a few info: complete name, fact-checking.
effort included, a short description of the company accountable.
for the concept and a task description (250 to 500 words). The 2nd.
stage will need a more comprehensive application and likewise a budget plan.
description. It will just be open to candidates that have actually passed the.
For Additional Information: