Application Due Date: Tuesday, February 19 th 2019 at 23: 59(Main European Time).
Reporters Without Borders Germany welcomes reporters from battle zone and crisis locations to come to Berlin for 4 months. Throughout this time they can take pleasure in a break and finish a thorough training program in digital security concerns pertinent to their work.
The program is moneyed by the Berlin Senate Department for Economics, Energy and Public Enterprises.
The goal of the scholarship is to supply scholarship holders with.
useful understanding on how to safeguard themselves versus digital dangers.
such as security or hacker attacks in their journalistic work. In.
addition, they will likewise get training in how to teach others in.
their house area about digital security concerns.
From May 1st, 2019 up until December 31 st, 2019, 8 reporters from battle zone and crisis locations will be welcomed to Berlin for a duration of 4 months each ( 1.052019 to 31.082019 or 1.092019 to 31.122019).
Expert reporters, blog writers and person reporters who
- are exposed to digital dangers due to their operate in their house areas,
- wish to discover and work thoroughly with digital security in order to enhance their individual security
- have an interest in handing down the understanding gotten throughout the scholarship program to coworkers in their house areas and, preferably, currently have some experience in mentor (consisting of in other locations).
Candidates should have an extremely strong command of the English.
language, as the scholarship program will be carried out totally in.
A high level of efficiency in concerns to digital security is not.
needed; anybody who is utilized to dealing with a computer system can use.
Candidates must likewise have sufficient experience working as a.
reporter, be it as an expert reporter or a person reporter.
In addition, candidates should have every intent of going back to their house area after 4 months of house in Germany.
Press reporters without Borders will cover the travel expenses, look after all visa-related matters, supply an enjoyable home in Berlin throughout of the scholarship, a regular monthly stipend of EUR 1000, complimentary usage of mass transit in Berlin, and likewise arrange involvement in a diverse scholarship program taught by specialists in the field of digital security.
Additionally, throughout their remain in Berlin, scholarship holders will be offered insights into the activities of Reporters Without Borders, a globally-active reporter and human rights company.
- Danger Design for Reporters: How do I determine my threats?
- Legal Standards: What rights do reporters have versus federal government security?
- Technical Background: How does the web technically work (consisting of IP, DNS and email interaction)?
- File encryption: How can you protect your interactions (e-mail, calls, messaging, and so on) versus security?
- Anonymization: How can you conceal yourself online?
- Security on Social Network: How do you protect your accounts and what assists versus trolling?
- Industrial Security: What do business wish to know about their customers and how can you safeguard yourself versus it?
How to Use
Please send out a finished and signed application, the.
finished survey, your CV and your identity files in different.
PDF files as accessories (in overall 4 PDF’s) either by means of:.
Signal-Messenger to +491636182705 or if you have an Protonmail-Account to email@example.com or if you understand how to utilize PGP by encrypted e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org( GnuPG/GPG-Key).
The application and the survey are fillable PDF’s. So.
please complete the files on your computer system and send them to us like.
that, so that we have the ability to read your entire text:
1. safe the files
2. complete the files on your computer system
3. conserve the submitted files once again
4. send out the files to us
The due date for applications is Tuesday, February 19 th 2019 at 23: 59(Main European Time).
Please utilize the application and the survey offered by us.
to use. We request your understanding that we can just call.
candidates who are shortlisted for a put on the program.
For Additional Information: