Due Date: February 19, 2019
Applications are open for the Reporters Without Borders Germany Berlin Scholarship Program 2019 Press Reporters Without Borders Germany welcomes reporters from battle zone and crisis locations to come to Berlin for 4 months. Throughout this time they can delight in a break and finish a thorough training program in digital security concerns appropriate to their work.
The objective of the scholarship is to offer scholarship holders with useful understanding on how to secure themselves versus digital risks such as monitoring or hacker attacks in their journalistic work. In addition, they will likewise get training in how to teach others in their house area about digital security concerns. The program is moneyed by the Berlin Senate Department for Economics, Energy and Public Enterprises.
Subjects of the Digital Security Training
- Hazard Design for Reporters: How do I determine my threats?
- Legal Standards: What rights do reporters have versus federal government monitoring?
- Technical Background: How does the web technically work (consisting of IP, DNS and email interaction)?
- File encryption: How can you protect your interactions (e-mail, calls, messaging, and so on) versus monitoring?
- Anonymization: How can you conceal yourself online?
- Security on Social Network: How do you protect your accounts and what assists versus trolling?
- Business Monitoring: What do business need to know about their customers and how can you secure yourself versus it?
- Organizers will cover the travel expenses, look after all visa-related matters, offer an enjoyable house in Berlin throughout of the scholarship, a regular monthly stipend of EUR1000, complimentary usage of mass transit in Berlin, and likewise arrange involvement in a diverse scholarship program taught by professionals in the field of digital security;-LRB- ***************).
- In Addition, throughout their remain in Berlin, scholarship holders will be provided insights into the activities of Reporters Without Borders, a globally-active reporter and human rights company.
Ope to expert reporters, blog writers and resident reporters who
- are exposed to digital risks due to their operate in their house areas,
- wish to discover and work thoroughly with digital security in order to enhance their individual security
- have an interest in handing down the understanding gotten throughout the scholarship program to associates in their house areas and, preferably, currently have some experience in mentor (consisting of in other locations).
Please send out a finished and signed application, the finished survey, your CV and your identity files in different PDF files as accessories (in overall 4 PDF’s) either by means of: Signal-Messenger to +491636182705 or if you have an Protonmail-Account to [email protected] or if you understand how to utilize PGP by encrypted e-mail to [email protected]( GnuPG/GPG-Key).
- Conserve the files
- Submit the files on your computer system
- Conserve the submitted files once again
- Send out the files
For more details, check out Reporters Without Borders Germany