Application Deadline:Tuesday, September 15, 2020, 5:00 p.m. (EDT)
The Hodder Fellowship will be given to artists and writers of exceptional promise to pursue independent projects at Princeton University during the academic year. Potential Hodder Fellows are composers, choreographers, performance artists, visual artists, writers or other kinds of artists or humanists who have “much more than ordinary intellectual and literary gifts”; they are selected more “for promise than for performance.” Given the strength of the applicant pool, most successful Fellows have published a first book or have similar achievements in their own fields; the Hodder is designed to provide Fellows with the “studious leisure” to undertake significant new work.
- Artists whose achievements have been recognized as demonstrating extraordinary promise in any area of artistic practice and teaching. Applicants should be early career composers, conductors, musicians, choreographers, visual artists, filmmakers, poets, novelists, playwrights, designers, directors and performance artists–this list is not meant to be exhaustive—who would find it beneficial to spend two years teaching and working in an artistically vibrant university community.
- The department is committed to fostering an academic environment that acknowledges and encourages diversity and differences.
- The successful candidate will pursue academic excellence in diverse, multicultural, and inclusive settings.
- Non-US citizens are welcome to apply. Holders of a Ph.D. degree from Princeton University are not eligible.
- This fellowship cannot be used to fund work leading to a Ph.D. or any other advanced degree.
supporting documentation needs to be submitted in addition to the online application?Include a:
- Curriculum vitae/resume
- Personal Statement of 500 words (This can be uploaded to the Artist Statement link.)
- Sample of work (see details below)
- Contact information for three references. All applicants must submit contact information for three references.Please do not ask recommenders to send letters; the search committee will contact relevant recommenders directly.
For More Information: