Due Date: August 18, 2019
Calling all future sustainability leaders! Applications are now open for the 2019 ProSPER.Net Management Program, to be hosted by the University of the Philippines Diliman in Quezon City, the Philippines from November 24-30,2019 This program is created for the express function of including DRR preparation into management training, and can be used within any variety of spheres, from local government and company, to education and non-profit work.
Uniting a varied group of people– from academic community, the general public sector, business neighborhood, and civil society from around the Asia-Pacific area, both from the social sciences and lives sciences, individuals will learn more about the difficulties and chances in relation to catastrophe threat decrease (DRR) and management.
The week-long program will expose future sustainability leaders to engineering concepts and tools that can assist in creating sustainable options for the Asia-Pacific area, considering the vulnerability of the area to both manufactured and natural catastrophes. Effective candidates will have the chance to establish management abilities in the context of Education for Sustainable Advancement (ESD), the Sendai Structure for Catastrophe Danger Decrease 2015-2030, in addition to the Sustainable Advancement Goals (SDGs).
The style of this year’s Program is ‘ Engineering Approaches to Catastrophe Danger Decrease and Management Towards Sustainable Advancement in the Asia-Pacific Area’.
Individuals of the Management Program will:
- Gain proficiencies in adaptive management, which includes imagination, pleased thinking, option circumstance structure, and future visioning.
- Gain abilities in interaction and consensual decision-making procedures in group settings and through simulation workouts.
- Find out task advancement abilities through problem-based knowing cases in the neighborhood.
- Boost management qualities to serve social requirements
Please suggest the requirement of a fellowship in your application. The fellowship covers
- All expenses of the Management Program involvement cost
- Return economy class travel
- Lodging and meals;-LRB- ***************).
It does not cover visa application cost and travel insurance coverage. These will be the individual’s duty.
- Applications are open to experts in the Asia-Pacific area operating in any sector associated to DRR (candidates with restricted or no engineering background are likewise motivated to use).
Individuals will be picked on the basis of a composed application, according to the following requirements:
- Association to a ProSPER.Net member university; YRS Alumni; experts from public, personal, and civil society sectors operating in the Asia-Pacific area
- High level of understanding of composed and spoken English language
- A sophisticated understanding of sustainability and its importance for his/her own research study or work
- Demonstrated management capability to operate in a group environment and add to social work activities
- Download the application (under ‘Files’ listed below)
- Send your finished application to [email protected] with a CV and a suggestion letter from a direct supervisor/manager
This type need to be finished and emailed as an accessory, together with a CV and a suggestion letter from your direct manager/ supervisor to [email protected] by Sunday, 18 August 2019 * Please keep in mind that just picked candidates will be alerted from the Secretariat. They regret they are unable to solution to queries concerning the choice procedure and the outcomes.
For more details, go to ProSPER.Net Management Program