Due Date: July 31, 2019
Entries are welcomed for the Punocracy Reward for Satire (PUPPIES) Composing Competitors 2019 for Nigerians The competitors is Nigeria’s very first satirical writing competitors for youths.
Punocracy thinks other kinds of composing, from poetry to non-fiction, have actually gotten excellent attention, and it is due time they similarly highlight the significance of satirising in opinion-shaping and nation-building. There is barely a much better method to do this than through a healthy competition.
Punocracy is Nigeria’s very first strictly satirical blog site, with numerous columns authored by youth enthusiastic about 2 things: composing and modification. Their goal is to make satire a commonly accepted and comprehended tool of socio-political commentary in the nation and to kindle the fire of interest in the category.
- Top place: N50,000, books, and certificate
- 2nd location: N30,000, books, and certificate
- 3rd location: N20,000, books, and certificate.
- Candidates must be aged in between 15 and 30 years as at July 31, 2019;-LRB- **************).
- Candidates must be Nigerians;-LRB- **************).
- Just one entry is enabled per individual;-LRB- **************).
- Likewise, the entry should:.
- Be composed in English and conserved in a.doc (i.e. Word) format
- Be anything in between 300 and 1500 words
- Not be plagiarised in part or in entire
- Not be collectively authored
- Most notably, be satirical.
Judges are trying to find excellent works of satire, and by meaning this consists of articles that artistically release wit, paradox, sarcasm, and/or ridicule in criticising faults. Entries might take the shape of prose, drama, news, poetry, a speech, an expense, a letter, a handbook, a prediction, an essay, an advert, and even quasi-scriptural passages. Whatever works for you actually.
To find out more, go to PUPPY Composing Competitors