Due Date: September 12, 2019 (Arts & Liberal Arts)/ October 3, 2019 (STEM)
Applications are welcomed for the Radcliffe Fellowship Program 2020-2021 Based in Radcliffe Lawn– a sanctuary in the heart of Harvard University– fellows sign up with a distinctively interdisciplinary and imaginative neighborhood.
A fellowship at Radcliffe is a chance to step far from typical regimens and dive deeply into a task. With access to Harvard’s unrivaled resources, Radcliffe fellows establish brand-new tools and techniques, difficulty creative and academic conventions, and brighten our past and our present.
Throughout the year, fellows assemble frequently to share their operate in development. Originating from varied disciplines and viewpoints, they challenge each other’s concepts and support each other’s aspirations. Numerous state that it is the very best year of their expert lives.
- Radcliffe Institute fellows are in house for a duration of 9 months from September 1, 2020 through May 31, 2021 and get a stipend of $77,500 plus an extra $5,000 to cover job costs. Fellows are anticipated to be devoid of their routine dedications so that they might totally commit themselves to the work detailed in their proposition.
- As this is a property fellowship, fellows are anticipated to live in the Greater Boston location throughout of their fellowship. Fellows might be qualified to get extra funds for moving costs, child care, and real estate to help them in making a smooth shift. Health care choices are provided as required.
- Radcliffe Fellows get workplace or studio area in Byerly Hall and full-time Harvard consultations as checking out fellows, approving them access to Harvard University’s numerous resources, consisting of libraries, real estate, and athletic centers. If fellows want to work with Harvard undergraduate trainees as Research study Partners, the organisers will cover their per hour salaries.
- Fellows are anticipated to engage actively with the coworkers in their friend and to take part totally as a member of the Radcliffe neighborhood. To this end, all fellows provide their work-in-progress, either in the type of a personal talk for their friend or a public lecture, in addition to participating in the discussions of all other fellows throughout that scholastic year (approximately 2 talks weekly). They use group lunches and other chances to get in touch with members of your friend, however participation at these is optional.
- Open to researchers, authors, scholars, public intellectuals, and artists whose work is making a distinction in their expert fields and in the bigger world;-LRB- **************).
- Applicants might use as people or in a group of 2 to 3 individuals dealing with the exact same job;-LRB- **************).
- They look for variety along numerous measurements, consisting of discipline, profession phase, race and ethnic background, native land, gender and sexual preference, and ideological point of view. Although fellows originated from various backgrounds, they are joined by their shown quality, collegiality, and imagination.
Each application is evaluated in a two-tiered procedure– initially by specialists in the appropriate field, then by a multidisciplinary committee charged with choosing a varied class of fellows of the greatest accomplishment and capacity.
Applications are examined on the quality and significance of the proposed job and the candidate’s intellectual and imaginative capability, as evidenced by a strong record of accomplishment or amazing pledge. They look for variety along every measurement, consisting of location, ethnic background and race, phase in profession, and ideological point of view.
Task propositions must be initial, well-conceived, creative, and practical. As a distinctively multidisciplinary neighborhood, they extremely worth collegiality and openness to cross-disciplinary discussion.
Check Out eligibility standards and application products prior to you start your application
An application includes:
- Curriculum vitae
- Task proposition, with bibliography when suitable
- Composing or work sample
- 3 recommendation letters
To find out more, go to Radcliffe Fellowship