Application Due Date: 10 November 2018.
Somalia is among the youngest nations worldwide, with more than 4.6 million individuals in between the ages of 15 and35 Nevertheless, opportunities for youth to acquire an education and rewarding job opportunity are minimal and chances to engage politically, financially, or socially stay weak or non-existent. The area and chances are even additional limited for ladies and girls.
Improving youths’s lives and empowering them to play an active function in society is important for the execution of the Sustainable Advancement Objectives and to make sure sustainable peace and stability in Somalia.
For That Reason, the United Nations in Somalia is presently searching for youths from Somali youth companies from various areas of the nation to be part of the UN Youth Board Of Advisers, and straight recommend the United Nations on its policies and programs connected to youth.
The UN Youth Board of advisers will assist to enhance the significance, mobilization and outreach of various United Nations initiatives amongst youths in Somalia and assist the United Nations to enhance its reaction to the requirements of youth.
The Board will have an advisory function, working carefully with the UN Inter-Agency Working Group on Youth, to recommend the UN elder management in Somalia and will add to increase the level and quality of youth involvement in the preparation, execution and tracking of UN policies and programs.
It will include 12 members aged 15 to 35 years, who are working or included with regional youth and expert companies to offer a well balanced representation of the various social backgrounds and interests of the youths in Somalia. 6 will be selected by the local youth umbrella companies, and another 6 will be determined through an open call based upon their work towards among the 6 thematic concerns:
- Work & Entrepreneurship
- Security of Rights and Civic Engagement
- Political Addition
- Education & Abilities Advancement
Board members will be picked based upon satisfying the following requirements:
- Somali citizenship
- Ages in between 15-33 at the time of election
- Proof that they represent a youth organisation, group or network presently running in Somalia that serves to benefit and support youth and youths, the human rights of youths and youth involvement.
- Represent a variety of sex, age, racial and geographical attributes and a general gender balance.
- Language capability to comprehend advancement principles and to articulate them plainly (in English). Choice will be provided to those with strong interaction and advocacy abilities in order to make sure strong youth voices and active involvement in the conferences.
- Dedication to support follow up actions and suggestions as results of the Board conversations.
- Desire to dedicate personally to the Board’s work and to have the versatility and accessibility to take part in conferences and other activities significant to the work of the Board.
- Desire to serve on voluntary basis.
- Agree with and sign the privacy contract and standard procedure.
There will be no monetary payment for involvement at the Youth Board Of Advisers.
For More Details: