Due Date: June 1, 2019
Do you think that the web is an important platform for social, financial and political advancement in Africa? Are you a present or prospective leader in web governance online forums and arguments in Africa? Does your existing work or research study include web or ICT policy and policy? Do you wish to deepen your understanding of the “multistakeholder” technique to internet-related policy making?
Whether you are a policy maker, a scientist, a regulator, an engineer, a reporter, a business owner or a gender equality and human rights protector– if you appreciate web policy in Africa, AfriSIG is for you!
The Association for Progressive Communications (APC), the African Union Commission and Research Study ICT Africa (RIA) are happy to reveal the call for applications for the 7th African School on Web Governance( AfriSIG) This year the school will be held right away prior to the African Web Governance Online Forum (AfIGF), which will occur in the very first half of September 2019.
AfriSIG’s main objective is to provide Africans from numerous sectors and stakeholder groups the chance to acquire understanding that will allow them to get involved with confidence and successfully in nationwide, local and worldwide web governance procedures and arguments. As part of the knowing and management advancement procedure, AfriSIG looks for to provide fellows the chance to get involved actively at the AfIGF as speakers, mediators and rapporteurs. The dates and place of this year’s AfIGF are still to be verified.
The School will run throughout 6 days, and will be structured to consist of extensive knowing and understanding sharing that covers:
- An introduction of web governance principles, problems and organizations.
- Web architecture, facilities, requirements and procedures and management of web names and numbers.
- Web governance and social problems: gender, human rights and advancement.
- Cybersecurity, multistakeholder methods and emerging problems in web governance such as algorithms and the “web of things”.
- The emphasize of the school is a practicum in which individuals need to take on a real internet-related policy obstacle and develop a concurred option or declaration.
- Applicants can get a scholarship to participate in the school. All individuals will be anticipated to pay their own regional transportation expenditures and visa charges in their native land. Scholarships will cover flight, shared lodging and meal expenses throughout of the School. Effective candidates have the alternative of remaining in a single space, however they would require to cover the extra expense themselves.
Open to people who have appropriate work experience and/or participation in web governance or ICT policy and policy and who are placed to make significant contributions to enhancing web governance in Africa, and African voices in web governance worldwide.
The School will accept applications from existing or emerging leaders and experts from:
- Federal government ministries and departments, nationwide and local interactions regulative authorities, and public sector info and interactions services such as town libraries
- Members of parliament, especially if they are associated with parliamentary portfolio committees that handle media, interactions and infotech problems
- Company and other companies who form part of the web market
- Civil society and non-governmental organisations who communicate with or run in the internet-related info and interactions sector
- Organisations dealing with ladies’s rights and gender and how these intersect with innovation
- Digital human rights protectors
- Human rights organizations handling web problems, such as nationwide or local human rights commissions
- Community-based info and interactions services and the more comprehensive neighborhood informatics sector
- The judiciary and other members of the legal neighborhood dealing with web and interactions law
- Members of police who handle web problems
- The cybersecurity sector
- The web technical neighborhood
- Academic and research study organizations that handle web problems
- Media organisations and outlets that concentrate on the web
- Private blog writers and reporters who cover web problems
As part of the application, you will be needed to submit a current CV, 2 recommendation letters and a letter of monetary dedication need to you be self-funded.
For additional information, check out 7th African School on Web Governance