Due Date: September 15, 2019
Applications are open for the AU Commission African Youth Ambassadors for Peace (AYAP) 2019 The Commission of the African Union, through its Youth for Peace (Y4P) Africa Program of the Peace and Security Department will select African Youth Ambassadors for Peace (AYAP), one from each of the 5 (5) areas of Africa.
This remains in line with the choice of the Peace and Security Council (PSC) through the communiqué of its 807 th conference hung on 8th November 2018 on Youth, Peace and Security. The Council asked for the AU Commission to select the AYAP to deal with the AU Youth Envoy in promoting the promo of peace and security throughout the continent. It is within this context, that the PSD is releasing the call for application to qualified African youth.
The AYAP, working under the direct guidance of the management of the Peace and Security Department of the AUC will promote the promo and advocacy of youth involvement in peace and security problems at the local level and throughout Africa. Particularly, the AYAP will promote the actualization of the 5 top priorities of the Continental Structure on Youth, Peace and Security, which are directed by Short article 17 of the AU Youth Charter (2006) and the United Nations Security Council Resolution Council (UNSCR) 2250 (2015)
Open to an African Youth with shown dedication and substantial contribution to the promo of sustainable peace and security. Applications from qualified youth consisting of girls, displaced individuals and individuals with impairments who fulfill the following requirements are especially motivated:
- Be in between the ages of 15 to 35 in tandem with the AU Youth age;-LRB- **************).
- Have university degree in global relations, peace and dispute, government, law and associated locations; a master’s degree would be an included benefit; or
- Have at least 2 years experience in peace and security with shown capability for advocacy on youth, peace and security problems in addition to resource mobilization;-LRB- **************).
- Have experience in promoting and supporting peace procedures particularly in starting and assisting in multi-stakeholder discussions and mediation efforts;-LRB- **************).
- Have a strong performance history with the regional community/area where he/she works;-LRB- **************).
- Have strong interaction and advocacy abilities;-LRB- **************).
- English, French, Arabic, Portuguese are the working languages of the AU. Fluency in any AU working language is needed; understanding of another AU language would be a possession.
Apply in your favored language:
To find out more, check out AYAP