Due Date: Continuous
The MINDS Old Mutual Scholarship Program 2019 is open for applications. The Mandela Institute for Advancement Research Studies (MINDS) uses scholarships to African trainees who want to pursue post-graduate research studies within Africa, however beyond their own nations. Through customized management advancement activities, the MINDS Scholarship Program supports leaders who have a continental advancement frame of mind; leaders who will assist in higher cooperation in between African nations.
MINDS Scholarships apply to full-time research studies of a one or two-year Honours or Master’s degree at one of the MINDS chosen organizations in Africa. As one of the partners of the program, Old Mutual sponsors research studies connected to Actuarial Sciences, Financing, Organisation Sciences and Accounting for trainees studying in South African, Kenyan and Nigerian organizations.
- Strathmore University, Kenya
- University of Cape Town, South Africa
- University of Witwatersrand, South Africa
- Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Innovation, Ghana
- University of Ibadan, Nigeria
- University of Advancement Researches, Ghana
Each scholarship covers the costs listed below, depending upon whether a partial or complete scholarship is granted:
- Lodging and meals
- One return ticket per period of research studies
- A set stipend
People with a Pan-African outlook, showed management capability and an outstanding scholastic record who want to study in other places on the African continent, however outside their house nation, are welcomed to get the scholarships.
- Open to Post-graduates trainees studying Actuarial Sciences, Financing, Organisation Sciences and Accounting in South African, Kenyan and Nigerian organizations
To be thought about for a MINDS Scholarship, you should:
- Be a nationwide of an African nation, living in any African nation;-LRB- **************).
- Have actually been officially accepted by several MINDS chosen institution/s beyond your nation of citizenship and/ or residency;-LRB- **************).
- Have actually been officially accepted by several MINDS chosen institution/s to pursue postgraduate research studies within the list below year;-LRB- **************).
- Have actually gotten a minimum of 70% in each subject/ course in the last 2 finished years of research study;-LRB- **************).
- Produce proof of shown management capabilities or possible assisted by the concerns/ requirements set out in the application;-LRB- **************).
- Send a total application with the needed supporting documents as set out on the application.
Scholarships will be granted to meritorious candidates following an extensive choice procedure.
- Guarantee that you fulfill ALL of the requirements set out and upload ALL of the needed files. Applications that do not fulfill requirements or for which all needed documents has actually not been offered are instantly disqualified. Do not obtain disqualified due to the fact that you remain in a rush to send an application. Rather put in the time to make sure that you fulfill the requirements and to collect all of the needed files prior to sending an application.
- They are searching for people with a Pan-African outlook, strong management capacity and a performance history of scholastic quality. Your application should show these aspects convincingly.
- They motivate candidates to think about universities that are beyond South Africa. Many applications got to date have actually been for South African organizations and there are restricted numbers that can be granted to each university. This implies that competitors is stiffer for South African organizations.
- There are 2 scholarships offered for South African residents wanting to study in other places in Africa.
- They have actually reserved scholarships for research studies that associate with Actuarial Sciences, Organisation Sciences and Accounting. If you want to perform such research studies at any of the South African, Kenyan and Nigerian organizations that are on our favored list, do not miss out on the chance to use. Guarantee that you fulfill the requirements prior to sending an application.
Please have the following files scanned, conserved and prepared for publishing. All files submitted should remain in PDF format. Each accessory needs to not surpass 2MB in size.
- A copy of the information/ bio page of your passport.
- A licensed scholastic records/ outcomes slip of the last 2 years of research study.
- A copy of the main approval letter from the university. The letter should:.
- Be dealt with to the candidate.
- State the degree which the candidate has actually been accepted to study.
- State the scholastic year at which the degree will start.
- State the period of the course (e.g. one year).
- A copy of a legitimate research study license or visa OR evidence of application. (Optional)
- An in-depth CV/ Resume of not more than 4 (4) single sided pages.
- 2 recommendation letters (of not more than 3 pages each) resolving the candidate’s presentation of stability, their proficiency and/or capacity as a leader and their dedication to the advancement of the African continent.
To find out more, go to MINDS Africa