Due Date: October 31, 2018
Applications are open for Pacific 2018 AgriHack Laboratory, ICTs from Farm-to-Table. The Pacific 2018 AgriHack Laboratory intends to determine and examine the capacity for upscaling unique or existing ICT4Ag developments for conquering difficulties in Pacific farming, agribusiness and worth chain advancement specifically: Interaction and market advancement, Transportation logistics and Capability structure of farmers/ SMEs.
The AgriHack laboratory intends to resolve the restricted assistance for upscaling making use of unique and current ICT platforms/applications or establishing models that would particularly draw in the most farmers (particularly smallholders and fisher folk) and little and medium business associated with regional food crops and fisheries worth chains (from farm to table).
This require propositions targets in-country ICT professionals, Tech smart young experts and/or agri-entrepreneurs consisting of farmers to determine and examine ICT applications that remain in usage, choose one and propose services that have the best capacity for larger adoption to link the farming and food sector (from farm to table) in any or all the target nations. Additionally, the candidate can establish a model, which has the exact same capacity.
The AgriHack Laboratory effort consists of:
- Competitors to determine and additional establish existing or brand-new ICT applications for farming and agri-business/value chain advancement in the Pacific.
- Capability structure, mentorship and incubation chances.
- Making it possible for and motivating networking chances amongst ICT professionals and the general public and economic sector consisting of farming neighborhood.
- Assistance of access to grants and financial investments chances.
20 semi-finalists will be chosen by a multi-disciplinary group from amongst the applications got. The Leading 20 semi-finalists will be welcomed and supported to participate in and pitch their ICT services to a multi-stakeholder group throughout the AgriHack Laboratory prepared for Tonga in December 2018.
Throughout this occasion, a 2nd assessment will be done by a multi-disciplinary professional panel to pick the leading 3 winners who will get an award (Euro 5000) to execute their ICT services.
- Open to ICT professionals, tech smart young experts, farmers and/or agri-entrepreneurs operating in Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, or Vanuatu.
You are qualified to use if you satisfy the following requirements:
- You are working for/with ICT start-ups/public and economic sector organisations/businesses promoting and utilizing ICTs or you are an independent ICT professional or own your very own company.
- You are a nationwide of/or are signed up to run in among the 7 task target nations: Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, and Vanuatu.
Choice Requirements(for all the classifications of rewards) consist of:
- importance to Pacific farming, agribusiness and worth chain advancement and responsiveness to requirements of farmers/ SMEs difficulties, expediency of proposed ICT service (technical strength),
- scalability (business design
- level of release
- ease of use/uptake, efficiency)
- Significance– 20%
- Expediency/ Technical Stability– 30%
- Scalability and Sustainability– 30%
- Creativity– 10%
Download the application here
For more details, check out Pacific AgriHack Laboratory