Due Date: December 9, 2018
The United Nations University Institute for the Advanced Research Study of Sustainability (UNU-IAS), and the ProSPER.Net Secretariat reveals a require applications for the Young Scientists’ School (YEAR), to be kept in Yogyakarta, Indonesia, from March 3-12, 2019.
Hosted by Universitas Gadjah Mada under the style ‘Ecosystem-based Catastrophe Threat Decrease and Environment Modification Adjustment’, the YRS will provide individuals the chance to engage with problems connected to Ecosystem-Based Catastrophe Threat Decrease (Eco-DRR) in the context of the tropics, whilst establishing research study and interaction abilities, along with additional motivating future experts to work within the field. Individuals will likewise establish an understanding of the problems and issues connected to dangers and catastrophes within the context of the UN 2030 Program and the Sustainable Advancement Goals (SDGs).
The YEAR will include in-class elements (lectures, practical/individual/group tasks, discussions, and conversation sessions) along with school outing kept in Yogyakarta and the surrounding location.
- A minimal variety of scholarships are readily available. The scholarships cover all expenses of the Young Scientist’ School tuition, a round-trip economy class ticket to Yogyakarta, visa processing charge (if suitable) and most meals. Travel insurance coverage is necessary and is the individual’s duty to guarantee with individual’s own expense.
- Open to PhD and Masters trainees from ProSPER.Net member universities. To see if your university is qualified, please examine the list of ProSPER.Net members here
- Candidates need to acquire approval from their manager to use.
Individuals will be picked on the basis of composed application according to the following requirements:
- Presently registered in a postgraduate program in a ProSPER.Net member university
- Chosen a research study subject for their PhD thesis work
- High level of understanding of composed and spoken English language
- A sophisticated understanding of sustainability and its significance to their own research study
- Shown capability to operate in a group environment and add to social work activities
- Restricted seats are used to Master trainees in ProSPER.Net member universities
For more details, see ProSPER.Net Young Scientist’ School