Application Due Date: June 14 th,2019
Structure Capability for Early Profession Liberal Arts Scholars (BECHS-Africa) is a collaboration including 4 universities: University of Ghana, American University in Cairo, Stellenbosch University and Washington University in St. Louis, with University of Ghana as the lead Organization. Moneyed by The Andrew W. Mellon Structure, it is a three-year global program, which looks for to improve research study capability for early profession scholars in the liberal arts in Africa. The program will money the travel, real estate and other associated expenses of picked early profession liberal arts scholars from the 4 organizations to invest 4 to 6 months at one of the other partner organizations.
The objective of the job is to develop an area for scholars in the liberal arts to improve their research study program in their early profession years. The duration of stay (4 to 6 months) in the teaming up organization will permit targeted mentorship and assistance for the picked scholars by recognized senior scholars who share their research study interests, while likewise supplying an opportunity for interaction and the sharing of research study concepts and approaches with peers. The job is distinct in numerous aspects as, unlike some existing efforts, it looks for to develop opportunities for early profession scholars to have the chance of residency in an area of Africa besides their own or in a worldwide north organization.
Job offers a 4 to six-month accessory to any of the 4.
teaming up organizations. Assistance consists of the following:
- An economy return flight
- Travel Insurance Coverage
- A regular monthly stipend to cover transportation, meals, home entertainment and other incidentals
- Access to library centers at the host university
- Funds to arrange a research-focused workshop at the host University
- Mentoring from senior professors at the host organization
Effective candidates are anticipated to:
- Be in house at the host organization for 4 to 6 months
- Go To.
regional discussions, conferences and workshops arranged by the host.
organization that are of significance to the scholar’s research study
- Participate in grant writing and publication workshops used by the host university
a workshop based upon her/his research study subject, through which the scholar.
will get in-depth feedback from leading academics in the field
- Meet the research study and publication objectives set out in the initial application
- Supply a last report
- Acknowledge The Andrew W. Mellon Structure assistance in any subsequent publications and offer BECHS-Africa with all citations to publications arising from the residency.
To be qualified a candidate should:
- Remain in a full-time irreversible post in the liberal arts in any of the 4 teaming up organizations
- Be an early profession scholar with a record of research study and scholastic publishing
- Have a PhD that was gotten within the last 10 years (2009 or later on)
- Have an academic record of publications commensurate with profession phase or years from degree
organizations associated with BECHS-Africa have actually been picked to offer.
chances for fellows to perform their residency throughout 3.
areas of Africa: western, southern and northern Africa, along with at.
one organization in the United States. The organizations are all extremely.
ranked in the Times Greater Educational Rankings of Universities, are.
active in research study in the liberal arts and social sciences and have.
showed high research study output. The choice has actually likewise been notified.
by the accessibility of coaches and sufficient library centers to.
support a robust and vibrant scholastic environment. They are:
University of Ghana (lead organization)
American University in Cairo
Washington University in Saint Louis
Submission of Applications
Qualified prospects ought to finish the job application coversheet, which can be downloaded here
The finished kind should be signed, dated, backed and sent.
together with the following files, integrated into a single PDF. Complete.
applications ought to be sent digitally through e-mail to [email protected]
cover letter of not more than one-page in length. The letter should.
consist of a quick intellectual autobiography or description of the.
candidate’s scholastic profession, detailing the experiences that have actually formed.
his/her intellectual work.
declaration of not more than one-page in length laying out research study and.
publication prepare for the residency duration. Please specify,.
consisting of the number and kinds of publications anticipated.
- An existing curriculum vitae
- A couple of current composing samples (posts or book chapters)
addition, the candidate ought to schedule an in-depth scholastic letter.
of recommendation from a senior associate acquainted with her/his research study and.
profession trajectory to be sent independently to b[email protected]
Total applications need to be gotten by 1700 GMT on June 14 th,2019 Choice will be made by August 5 th,2019 Scholars ought to be in house at their host organizations by January/February 2020.
For additional info, please call the agent at your organization:
- University of Ghana: Samuel Agyei-Mensah, [email protected]
- American University of Cairo: Syed Maswood, [email protected]
- Stellenbosch University: Anthony Leysens, [email protected]
- Washington University in Saint Louis: Jean Allman, [email protected]
To Find Out More: