Application Due Date: Sunday, 31 st March, 2019.
The University of Ghana, Legon, is happy to welcome applications for the position of Resident of the Kwame Nkrumah Chair in African Research Studies, to start August 1, 2019.
The Kwame Nkrumah Chair in African Research Studies was.
developed at the Institute of African Researches, University of Ghana in.
honour of Dr. Kwame Nkrumah, Pan African star and Ghana’s very first.
president, for his contributions to the intellectual life of the.
African World, and for his forecast of Africa on the world phase.
welcome applications from appropriately certified prospects in any.
discipline pertinent to the research study and understanding of Africa. The.
effective Candidate will be a scholar or public figure who has a strong.
understanding of African/Africana/pan-African Research studies, has a strong.
research study and publishing record, and has actually obtained difference in his or.
her discipline. She or he might likewise be a public intellectual or artist.
well versed in the native understanding and cultures of Africa.
need to be devoted to pursuing their own research study programs,.
teaming up and sharing their know-how with other scientists, and.
establishing interdisciplinary exchanges.
Particularly, the Chair will be anticipated to:
- Provide public lectures, consisting of an inaugural lecture, which will be released by the University;-LRB- ************)
- Conduct research study and/or develop and develop a social or cultural task;-LRB- ************).
- Produce a publishable manuscript on the research study originating from the period, where suitable;-LRB- ************).
- Prepare a report detailing the outcomes attained at the end of the tenure duration;-LRB- ************).
- Help the University to raise resources to grow the endowment for the Kwame Nkrumah Chair in African Researches;-LRB- ************).
- Assist in advertising, and take part in the Biennial Kwame Nkrumah Intellectual and Cultural Celebration.
will generally be for one scholastic year (August 1– July31) however with.
the possibility of extension for a 2nd year.
will depend upon the credentials and experience of the effective.
candidate however will generally be at the level of Teacher (disclosure.
upon brief listing). The Chair will likewise be offered with:
- Return company class ticket or comparable from his/her place to Accra.
- Airport get.
- Workplace lodging consisting of a computer system, printer, web gain access to and essential workplace products.
- A Research Study Assistant and/or other assistance personnel.
- Lodging and medical insurance coverage.
- A research study grant.
Approach of Application
A candidate is needed to send the total application pack to the Registrar, University of Ghana, P. O. Box LG 25, Legon, Accra, Ghana ( Hardcopy) or email@example.com( Soft Copy).
The application pack need to consist of the following:
- Finished application for Senior Level Administrative Positions ( UAB Type 1C) to be downloaded from www.ug.edu.gh/hrodd
- a cover letter revealing interest,
- a curriculum vitae,
- a proposition for the program of work to be performed throughout the duration of the period (max 5 pages)
Applicants should organize to have 3 letters of recommendation sent out straight to the Registrar.
shortlisted prospects will be called, and they might be welcomed for a.
in person interview. The effective prospect will be notified by.
Applications need to reach the Registrar not behind the close of day on Sunday, 31 st March, 2019.
Candidates are accountable for making sure that their files are total by this date.
For more details contact:
Tel: +233(0 )302-213820/213850 extension 2153/2051
For More Details: