Due Date: July 15, 2019
Require applications for the UN Women Beijing+25 Youth Job Force are now open. The year 2020 will be a confluence of anniversaries consisting of the 25 th anniversary of the Beijing Conference and the adoption of the Beijing Statement and Platform for Action (BPfA), the five-year evaluation of the Sustainable Advancement Goals, the 20 th anniversary of the adoption of the Security Council Resolution 1325, and the 10 th anniversary of the production of UN Women.
As we analyze development made ahead of time females’s rights and gender equality, UN Women is dedicated to making sure that youths are at the centre of this procedure, concentrating on the 25- year evaluation and appraisal of the adoption of the Beijing Statement and Platform for Action.
It is within this context that UN Women is revealing a require applications for the structure of a time-limited Youth Job force that will work carefully with UN Women from August 2019 to September 2020, to make sure the significant participation of youths in the worldwide procedures of the 25 th evaluation and appraisal of the BPfA. The work of the Youth Job Force will be divided into 4 thematic committees (see the Regards to Referral). Candidates to the Job Force will be welcomed to suggest choice for subscription of a thematic committee.
The job force will include youths aged 14 to 30 years, advised by their youth-led worldwide networks, companies or civic motions. Each company, network or motion can advise as much as 2 prospects. In case your company/ network is advising prospects, who are minors, please make sure that all suitable steps are required to protect needed permission from parents/legal guardian prior to sending the suggestion for a small. If a small prospect is chosen, it will go through the arrangement of permission and waiver documents as asked for by UN Women.
UN Females will choose as much as 30 members for the Beijing+25 Youth Job Force from a swimming pool of applications gotten through an open call. Candidates will be selected versus the following requirements:
- Regional and geographical balance.
- Compliance with the age requirement.
- Election to the job force will follow the leave nobody behind concept making sure varied representation throughout intersectional intricacies, consisting of marital status, impairment, sexual preference, gender identity and expression, native and ethnic identities, and refugee or migrant status
- Tested experience in youth mobilization
- Interest and inspiration. Candidates are welcomed to suggest choice for subscription of the thematic committees, and UN Women will in partnership with members develop the committees according to fit of experience, skills and abilities
- Concern will be offered to candidates that represent broad networks, youth organisations, and civic motions from the following constituencies; youth gender equality supporters, girls human rights protectors, young male gender activists, rural, native, lesbian, bi, and queer girls, trans, intersex, and gender non-conforming youths, impairment, kid widows, kid bride-to-bes, girls coping with HIV, young employees consisting of migrant employees and domestic employees, young migrants and refugees
- Election will look for broad representation from young supporters who focus their deal with the 12 crucial locations of issue of Statement and Platform for Action: hardship, education and training, health, violence, armed dispute, economy, power and decision-making, institutional systems, human rights, media, environment, and the lady kid
Together with your resume and the suggestion letter from your company, network or civic motion, please send your application to [email protected]
For additional information, check out Beijing+25 Youth Job Force