Due Date: March 20, 2019
Require Artists is open for the second Lagos Biennial of Contemporary Art 2019 The upcoming biennial entitled, How To Construct a Lagoon with Simply a Bottle of Red wine? will take the city of Lagos as its center and point of departure for a wider examination into how modern art and style consider the nature of constructed environments today.
With an approximated 21 million residents, Lagos ranks amongst the biggest cities worldwide and is the most populated in Africa. In current years, the city’s constructed environment has actually broadened significantly through massive land improvement efforts, significant commercial and high-end advancement tasks, and brand-new transport facilities. This constant development has actually changed and magnified Lagos’s unique history as a cosmopolitan center, and incubator of cultural and technological development. Yet such quick modification continues to raise pushing concerns– dealing with cities around the world– about the effect of urbanization on conceptions of citizenship, the function of info systems, ecological sustainability, and socioeconomic equality.
The second Lagos Biennial of Contemporary Art will occur from October 26– November 30, 2019 at different places throughout Lagos, Nigeria and curated by Tosin Oshinowo, Antawan I. Byrd, and Hansi Momodu-Gordon.
- Open to artists throughout the world;-LRB- *****************).
- A series of propositions are invited, consisting of those that.
- Think about how art work develop environments that can be occupied, or moderate interactions in between human beings and nature
- Propose designs for promoting compassion and caring methods to cohabitation due to urbanization
- Resolve the effect of architecture and constructed environments on particular neighborhoods, social characteristics, and/or sensory experience
- Contemplate the relationship in between cities these days and much deeper histories of urbanization and financial exchange
- Hypothesize on the future function of art and innovation in creating sustainable lifestyles
- Evaluate the impacts of urbanization on interaction systems and print culture
For additional information, check out second Lagos Biennial of Contemporary Art