Application Due Date: November 16 th 2018
Among the main goals of the University of Oxford’s Africa Society is to increase the variety of African trainees at the University of Oxford. The Africa Society is a student-run company, using assistance to African trainees at Oxford and looking for to cultivate the advancement of a stimulating, comfy and familiar area for Africans at Oxford. In part, the Society intends to attain this by widening the chances of gain access to for skilled African trainees. To this end, a choose variety of potential candidates from Africa will be helped by a coach throughout their application procedure.
Applicants will be matched with a fellow African trainee who has actually studied or is presently studying at Oxford in the very same scholastic location. The mentorship is customized for the Oxford application procedure, however what you find out will likewise matter for applications at other leading UK universities.
1. A coach of comparable local background and/or in comparable discipline
2. Evaluation application files
3. Assistance with concerns about the scholastic programs in Oxford
4. Guidance on protecting for financing
5. First-hand insight into what to anticipate from living and studying in Oxford
What the program does not provide:
1. Filling application
2. Composing essays
3. Payment of application charges
5. Assurance of a deal of a location
6. Binding feedback on your application
- The program will be divided into 4 sessions, each covering particular elements of the application procedure. Sessions will take the kind of video/phone calls, whenever possible. Mentees are anticipated to send appropriate documents 7 days prior to the session to enable the coach to examine the application product. Coaches might select to email written feedback on the day of each session.
If you would have an interest in using to belong of this mentorship program, please complete this kind by Friday November 16.
- A preliminary friend of 10 mentees will be chosen from among the candidates. Candidates will be informed of the Africa Society’s choice choice by Monday 19 th of November.
Keep In Mind that neither the Africa Society nor any of its coaches can take any obligation for the success or otherwise of a mentee’s application
To Learn More: