Application Due Date: 9 November 2018
Do you understand of anybody doing something about it to assist accomplish the sustainable future we keep speaking about? Do you understand a landscape hero? Inform us their story and expose the work of people, neighborhoods and companies going beyond the difficulties towards sustainable landscapes and fixing a few of the environment’s most important issues. Little or huge, their concepts and jobs are the fuel we require to enhance the momentum for ecological action.
Throughout the world there are lots of unrecognized heroes, huge or little, who decide for their landscapes and the environment. They may be bring back forests or discovering brand-new methods to protect food and enhance nutrition; they may commit their daily work to tidy energy, minimizing carbon emissions or establishing options to contaminating products; they may be scaling-up recycling plans, empowering neighborhoods, securing wildlife or tidying up the oceans. Program us what are they doing and how are they altering the world for the much better.
Send us a narrative and an image. You might likewise share a video and pertinent links of your landscape hero’s work and we’ll put the most motivating ones on the world’s radar, for a quarter billion individuals to see and vote on. Based upon popular votes and the last input of the GLF understanding committee, we will choose the most engaging stories to display and emphasize thoroughly online with a possible to opportunity to be showcased in Bonn 2018.
- Anybody! If you wish to put ecological action into the spotlight, then this competitors is for you.
- You can choose yourself, a neighborhood member or a neighborhood company that you understand of or deal with.
- We are trying to find a series of entries that represent different corners of the world.
The most motivating stories and total submissions will be included and shared throughout GLF items and platforms consisting of podcasts, digital tops, videos, site, social and online interaction, Landscape News and will have the opportunity to be provided in GLF Bonn 2018.
In the very first stage, a GLF-designated panel will assess the stories and choose the finalists, based upon the following requirements:
- Fulfilling fundamental requirements (story length, abiding the style)
- Story creativity and design
- Image and/or video quality and importance to story
The variety of finalists will depend upon the quality of stories sent.
The evaluating panel will include:
- Alex Popescu, GLF Communications Planner
- Gabrielle Lipton, Landscape News Coordinating Editor
- Sabine Reinecke, GLF Understanding Planner
In the 2nd stage, in between 12-16 November 2018 finalist stories will be released throughout GLF platforms and sent to public vote.
The winner will be selected by popular vote.
How to Send:
Upload your story of no greater than 300 words by means of the submission kind. Inform us why she or he is your landscape hero. Include their name and contact info, in addition to an image, and if readily available, a video of your selected candidate or their job, in addition to pertinent links to their work (if relevant).
Image submission requirements
- Send your picture in.jpg format; minimum size: 3,000 pixels in height or width; size: optimum 9 MB.
- Supply us with a title, a caption and the picture credits.
- Consist of the title of the picture and the professional photographer’s name in the file name, for instance: Jungle-JohnSmith. jpg
- Supply area of the picture (optional)
- You can send an optimum of 4 images
- Please keep in mind picture submission will be made under a no rights booked (CC0) Imaginative Commons license
Video submission requirements
- Submit initial video material
- Video length can be in between 1.5 and 5 minutes, however finest to keep it brief for optimum online engagement
- Send a video in English, French, Spanish or German; for other languages, please offer a translation
- Upload videos:.
- by means of a file sharing service. We advise Dropbox: it’s complimentary and can manage big files. Develop a URL link to the file
- Ensure your video remains in among these file formats: MP4, MOV, WMV
- Supported element ratios: 16:9 (horizontal)
- Ensure you check out and consent to the Conditions.
- We will email all released entries when their submissions browse the web and are readily available for ballot.
To Learn More: