Due Date: May 14, 2019
Elections are open for the Africa Food Reward 2019 The Africa Food Reward is the preeminent award for acknowledging the amazing person or organization whose contributions to African farming are creating a brand-new period of sustainable food security and financial chance for all Africans.
The reward commemorates Africans who are taking control of Africa’s farming program and altering the truth of farming in Africa from a battle to endure to a company that grows. It puts an intense spotlight on strong efforts and technical developments that can be reproduced throughout the continent.
- A USD $100,000 reward is granted to the winner. The Africa Food Reward 2019 will be granted throughout the African Green Transformation Online forum, set up for September, 2019.
- The Africa Food Reward can be granted to any specific or recognizable group of people, in addition to to recognized organizations, associations, companies or federal government bodies with an official and acknowledged judicial and organizational structure adding to the general goals of the Reward.
- The Reward can be granted to any certified prospect, regardless of citizenship, occupation or area, whose work, and contributions stemming from the work, has actually had a clear effect on the African scenario, nationally, regionally or for the continent.
- The Reward can be granted with recommendation to a particular contribution or accomplishment, or a series of efforts and lead to the current past, ideally within the last couple of years.
- Existing or current members of the Africa Food Reward Committee, or an institution/organization headed by such a member, are disqualified for the Reward.
- The Reward can not be granted to an individual currently deceased, however will exist in case a Reward winner passes away prior to getting the Reward.
- The Reward can be granted to more than one winner, however not more than 2. If shared, each winner will get equivalent cash prize (USD 100 000 divided in 2), a diploma and a prize.
The Reward Committee thinks about the following requirements for the Reward:
- Contribution to minimizing hardship and appetite and/or enhancing food and nutrition security in quantifiable terms
- Contribution to offering an important income and/ or work in quantifiable terms
- Possible for transformative modification through scalability, duplication, and sustainability
- Increased awareness and cooperation amongst African audiences and companies
- Tested management capacity of the specific or company, particularly the capability of the to stand firm in spite of considerable difficulties or dangers
For additional information, go to Africa Food Reward