Due Date: March 15, 2019
Elections are open for the 2019 CGIAR MAIZE Youth Innovators Awards– Africa These awards belong to the efforts that the CGIAR Research Study Program on Maize (MAIZE) is carrying out to promote youth involvement in maize based agri-food systems.
The awards intend to recognize young innovators who can serve to motivate other youths to get associated with maize-based agri-food systems. This is likewise targeted at producing a platform to permit young innovators from around the globe to network and share their experiences.
MAIZE welcomes young innovators to use and CGIAR scientists and partners to choose qualified candidates for any of the following 3 classifications:
- Scientist: Maize research-for-development (in any discipline)
- Farmer: Maize farming systems in Africa
- Modification representative: Maize worth chains (i.e., extension representatives, input and service providers, improvement representatives).
- The award receivers will be provided the chance to go to the yearly Tension Tolerant Maize for Africa (STMA) job conference in Lusaka, Zambia, May 7-9 where they will get their awards and will be provided the opportunity to provide their work;-LRB- **************).
- The job conference and award event will likewise provide a chance for these young innovators to network with MAIZE scientists and partners, and exchange experiences. Award receivers might likewise get the chance to team up with MAIZE and its partner researchers in Africa on carrying out or enhancing their developments.
- Open to girls and males listed below 35 years of age who are carrying out developments in African maize-based agri-food systems, consisting of research-for-development, seed systems, agribusiness, and sustainable augmentation.
Nominators/applicants to take into consideration the following requirements and associated concerns:
- Novelty and Ingenious Spirit: To which particular unique findings or development( s) has this young adult added to? (in any of the 3 classifications discussed above)
- Present/Potential Effect: What is the present/potential advantage or effect of the development( s) in maize-based agri-food systems?
To find out more, see MAIZE Youth Innovators Awards