Application Due Date: 25 th November 2018, 23: 59 FELINE,
The African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (OBJECTIVES) welcomes applications for 3 AIMS-Canada Research Study Chairs in Environment Modification Science to be based at OBJECTIVES Rwanda. Each Chair will be supplied as much as USD 970,000 over a four-year duration and charged with performing a first-rate research study program able to contribute considerably towards developing both the human capital and the clinical knowledgebase needed to resolve crucial environment change-related issues in Africa and beyond.
This Research Study Chairs Program was enabled by a grant from the International Advancement Research Study Centre, Ottawa, Canada, www.idrc.ca, and financial backing from the Federal government of Canada supplied through Global Affairs Canada (GAC) www.international.gc.ca It is administered by the OBJECTIVES International Secretariat within the structure of the Mathematical Science for Environment Modification Durability Program.
We welcome applications from impressive female African and non-African researchers whose research study looks for to illuminate the scale and reasons for environment modification; anticipate weather conditions, specifically at little temporal and spatial scales; and establish and use unique techniques for environment modification adjustment and mitigation. Choice will be offered to candidates whose suggested research study addresses concerns associating with the Sustainable Advancement Objectives (SDGs), consisting of, however not restricted to, the following:
SDG # 2 (absolutely no cravings)
SDG # 3 (health and wellness)
SDG #11(sustainable cities and neighborhoods)
The above SDGs and others not pointed out are interlinked in different methods. For instance, all 3 SDGs pointed out are connected by, to name a few things, the issue of discovering cost effective, effective, and long lasting sources of tidy energy, which has crucial ramifications for reducing environment modification. For this reason, numerous SDGs can be at the same time resolved through services to cross-cutting, environment change-related issues.
The candidate must:
- be a female;-LRB- *********************).
- hold a doctorate degree in a quantitative discipline consisting of, however not restricted to, used mathematics, meteorology, physics, chemistry, computer technology, analytical ecology, or engineering;-LRB- *********************).
- show considerable proof of outstanding, self-initiated and self-directed research study in environment modification science;-LRB- *********************).
- have at least 2 (2) years of postdoctoral experience;-LRB- *********************).
- have experience monitoring Master’s and/or PhD trainees; and
- have the ability to use up the chair within the very first half of 2019 or prior to completion of 2019.
How to use
Please finish and send by the 25 th November 2018, 23: 59 FELINE, the online application to which the following files must be connected:
- a finished research study proposition kind,
- a curriculum vitae,
- a letter of inspiration,
- an electronic copy of 3 representative publications in environment modification science where the candidate is the lead and/or senior author.
3 referees must email personal letters of assistance straight to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “MS4CR chair application assistance letter– very first and last name of prospect” on or prior to the application due date. You must show your referees a copy of the ‘ Regards To Referral for Chairs’ and the ‘ Directions for Referees’ file. These can be downloaded on the site
For Additional Information: