Due Date: September 14, 2019
InfoNile welcomes reporters of any ages in the Nile Basin nations to send propositions for thorough investigative multimedia journalism stories on adjustment and mitigation options to environment modification in cities of the Nile Basin. These stories become part of a series of stories concentrating on environment modification options and will likewise feed into a last information journalism job consisting of interactive maps and stories.
The Nile Basin hosts a few of the world’s most quickly urbanizing cities. Story pitches must concentrate on ingenious adaptation/mitigation options to environment modification in cities in the reporter’s house nation. While much has actually been stated about the worldwide science of environment modification, they desire you to link the science, theory and country-level information to the truth of how individuals in your nation are being impacted every day– and how they are creating ingenious options.
Although some actions in Nile basin cities are adding to environment modification, people and organisations within these cities are likewise carrying out remarkable efforts to combat environment modification. And a few of these jobs are working.
- Candidates need to be working as a freelance or personnel reporter in among the Nile Basin nations: Tanzania, Rwanda, Uganda, Kenya, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Burundi, South Sudan, Sudan, Ethiopia, Eritrea, or Egypt.
- Concerns to respond to in your story: Which scalable job is working as an ingenious design for taking on environment modification in your city? How does it work? What information or other proof can you discover that shows this effort is working? How can it be replicable and sustainable in other African cities?
- Your story pitch must likewise consist of a strategy to incorporate information analysis and visualization of environment modification problems on various sectors or subjects appropriate to your story; i.e. energy, farming, food security, water, land, catastrophes, health, incomes, and so on “Geo-coded” or geographical information is one of the most chosen, because we will utilize it to develop interactive maps and visualizations. Nevertheless, please do not hesitate to incorporate any other sources of reliable information.
- The output must be a thorough multimedia story integrating text, video, photography, audio and information visualization/mapping.
To use, send the following to [email protected] not behind September 14, 2019:
- A one page proposition describing your story concept. Propositions must be plainly structured, specifying briefly at the start what the story concept is, followed by how and where the story will be investigated, what it intends to expose or contribute, where you will release (particular media companies), and the desired effect of the story. The proposition ought to likewise consist of a prepare for integrating information. Please keep in mind how you will utilize multimedia (video, pictures, audio, and graphics together with text). You must likewise consist of a moderate suggested spending plan of no greater than $800
- A resumé/ CV;-LRB- *************).
- 2 samples of published/broadcast work. Hyperlinks to the released stories are likewise are accepted.
- Letter of assistance from your editor, specifying that your media house/s will release/ telecast/ transmit your story.
For additional information, see InfoNile Grants